• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rapist wants revenge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyy

What is the name of your state? MI

One of my sisters-in-law was brutally raped and sodomized when she was about 13. (She's currently in CA but goes to visit family there.) She and her friend (who was tied and forced to watch the attack) have been completely traumatized. The police were notifed. He was tried and convicted to serve about 6 years in jail. His baby's mom (then pregnant) and he never forgave my sister-in-law for "taking him away from his child". He's sworn to kill her.

He's finished serving his time and is actively looking for my sister-in-law. Some of her friends and family members were approached by him and told them he's looking for her. No one told him where she is. He knows who my sister-in-law was with last, doesn't know if she has a new name or anything new.

Since she was so young, we were informed that he should be on the registered sex offender list. But we can't find him listed anywhere by the name under which he was convicted, by initials or picture. We also checked Ohio just in case he moved across the state line. His name is too common to pinpoint an address by name search.

Is there any way she can get a protective order or something to give her comfort without having to reveal where she is? Is there a way to find out where he is if he's not on the sex offender registry? It would also really help to get something done quickly before one of her old friends lets something slip or my brother-in-law gets home and finds out. (She miscarried while he was gone. He's the only person she's willingly been with and trusts. He's returning from war and needs to be "de-programmed" before dealing with much of anything.)

Any help would be appreciated. She's losing sleep, and by the way he sounds (openly admitting to people about wanting her dead), I wouldn't put anything past him.

stephenk

" He's returning from war and needs to be "de-programmed" before dealing with much of anything."

What does that mean?

Do you know if the other guy is on parole or probation? If yes, contact his parole/probation officer and report the threats.

skyy

When our husbands return from being deployed, they usually have a seminar to remind them that deciding between beef or chicken for dinner is not a life/death decision. They have to remember that we're not in their unit and usually are required to have some down time to readjust to being home (like they're not supposed to discipline our children for 30 days). The last thing a Marine returing from combat needs to hear is the man that raped his wife is now looking to kill her.

He served his full sentence, so I don't think he's on parole, but I'll double check with her to see if he might have one.

skyy

She did get in touch with his probation officer (who was actually trying to reach her). One of his family members told his officer about the threats. He got a tip about where my sister-in-law might be and jumped state (which is most likely why we couldn't find him). But on the other hand, he now has several warrants out for his arrest starting with skipping out on his probation officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">