• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bearstain

Private road infrigment., one owner has closed road 1.5 miles before a dangerous section of our road. Obstructing denying myself and other owners access.what can whe do what are our rights.?

FlyingRon

Not enough information here to be the least bit helpful. It would depend a lot on what sort of easements or other provisions are in place. I would suggest that all fo the affected owners band together for an attorney to look into the issue.

Just Blue

Private road infrigment., one owner has closed road 1.5 miles before a dangerous section of our road. Obstructing denying myself and other owners access.what can whe do what are our rights.?
Please clarify "one owner has closed road 1.5 miles before a dangerous section of our road".
Also is this the only way to your homes or are there other roads you can use? Is there an easement?

Bearstain

Has no right his claim is people drive down road because i listed with realtor get stuck it is not his road to close

quincy

Has no right his claim is people drive down road because i listed with realtor get stuck it is not his road to close
Can you and/or your neighbors plow the snow to one side and reopen the road? If so, that seems like the simplest solution.

quincy

And, more questions: What makes the road so dangerous?

Does the neighbor who closed the road have a legitimate concern?

Are you and the other neighbors affected by the road closure responsible for maintaining the “dangerous” portion of the road (and perhaps failed to do so)?

FarmerJ

Do you know if this easement had written limitations that regulated its use including things related to using a Realtor or say other normal stuff like propane delivery , repair vehicles etc ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">