• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended someone on the merge ln

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nikbuds

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hello,

I rear ended someone on the merge lane but given the circumstances i need your opinion to see if contesting the ticket would be worth it.

We were merging from the left ( fastest ) lane onto a very busy hwy. The hwy also had a big curve limiting the sight distance to less than 1/2 a mile. the person in fron stopped the car clamining that she was not able to merge on the hwy.
there was a good 200 yrds of mrge ln ahead of her..but she stopped in the middle....and also she stopped ...but not completely..so i was not able to see the red brake lights....and i rammed into her cars rear.

pl advice as to if its worth contesting this.

also, I have a GA license and just moved to VA. I am going to change my license to VA. WIll this show up on my record ?

thanks in advance
nik

M

Mike101

The only way your going to get out of a ticket like that is if someone hit you and then you hit them. Since that is not your case pay it. Also I personally would keep the GA license and then the day after court switch it over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">