• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

REASON FOR CASE DISMISSAL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenchaker

Very enlightening. The TOS states a user should not offer "solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services using our Services." Having a URL to a personal site where nothing is sold would not fall within this category. As for the forum not being a place to "Self Promote" I did a word search in the TOS and do not find any such reference to the term. In fact, this entire forum is about asking questions and people providing knowledge to provide credible answers, thus such is self promotion by demonstrating that knowledge. Having a URL is allowed on the site. I hope you to will gain knowledge from my reply. If not, I am happy to address with the site's general counsel.

quincy

Very enlightening. The TOS states a user should not offer "solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services using our Services." Having a URL to a personal site where nothing is sold would not fall within this category. As for the forum not being a place to "Self Promote" I did a word search in the TOS and do not find any such reference to the term. In fact, this entire forum is about asking questions and people providing knowledge to provide credible answers, thus such is self promotion by demonstrating that knowledge. Having a URL is allowed on the site. I hope you to will gain knowledge from my reply. If not, I am happy to address with the site's general counsel.
You can use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of this page to address your concerns with the Administrators of this site.

Acceptable links are to government sources (.gov) and educational sources (.edu) and to some recognized and reputable organizations (.org). Other links are subject to removal (as could be the ones who post such links).

I had earlier visited your website and the links you provided to attorney websites. These links were to generate traffic to the sites (i.e., free advertising, free publicity) and are typically not permitted. You can use your Twitter, Instagram and other accounts that you’ve opened to attract attention to your website.

Again, use the “Contact Us” link to discuss your concerns with those who can actually do something to address them. This thread is not the place.

darrenchaker

The attorney URLs relate to articles written by attorneys on specific topics. They are reputable since they are licensed and provide opinions on such topics. Linking to a law firm does not create a banned URL to a personal site. Because traffic may be created, that is a consequence of being online. I have already contacted legal and will await a reply prior to filing arbitration.

quincy

The attorney URLs relate to articles written by attorneys on specific topics. They are reputable since they are licensed and provide opinions on such topics. Linking to a law firm does not create a banned URL to a personal site. Because traffic may be created, that is a consequence of being online. I have already contacted legal and will await a reply prior to filing arbitration.
Filing arbitration? Seriously? This is a private website. You do not have a right to post anything here.

This forum prohibits links to attorney websites - and quoting too much of what you read on an attorney’s website (or any website) without authorization from the attorney/copyright holder can get you sued for copyright infringement.

But sure. If you are on some sort of (misguided) crusade, good luck.

LdiJ

Filing arbitration? Seriously? This is a private website. You do not have a right to post anything here.

This forum prohibits links to attorney websites - and quoting too much of what you read on an attorney’s website (or any website) without authorization from the attorney/copyright holder can get you sued for copyright infringement.

But sure. If you are on some sort of (misguided) crusade, good luck.
Looks like he deleted the post that you quoted. I have to admit, it kind of made me chuckle. Someone doing the big, bad, intimidation posturing on a website owned and maintained by attorneys...how droll.

quincy

Looks like he deleted the post that you quoted. I have to admit, it kind of made me chuckle. Someone doing the big, bad, intimidation posturing on a website owned and maintained by attorneys...how droll.
He seems to think pretty highly of himself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">