• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received a Civil Default Entry by a local District court, civil division

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VeronicaGia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My state is Michigan

Today I received a Civil Default Entry from a district court civil division stated that i had a default judgment entered against me on June 10. I never received any notice to appear in court, any notice that I was being sued, not even a phone call about this. In fact I've never been served anything in my life. The odd thing is it says "We are entering a default against you for failing: and neither the "To appear in court" nor the "to answer the complaint" is checked. So I'm very confused.

Of course by the time I got home the court was closed so calling them today is out of the question I know I have to dispute this, but do I start with the court or with the creditor? I've not been served and now the court judgment doesn't even tell me what I failed to do? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">