• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received Award Letter for my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msstorie1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Hi :) I just received my sons Award Letter from SS. I would like to know if any one as been in this situation. The Award Letter states that my son is eligable for benefits from his fathers record back to 2001. It also says that he will receive a little over 100.00, my question is I thought dependents received half of the parents PIA which is around 900.00. Which should put my son at about 450. unless they subtract the fathers medicare before deciding the child amount, but even then it would not be 100. Has Social Security made a mistake?

Onderzoek

In a disability case, the family maximum be between 100% and 150% of the benefit paid to the worker, especially if the worker is younger or has just enough quarters sufficient to be covered.

The $100 is probably correct. You can contact SSA and ask about the family max.

weeda4u

Your son!

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME BUT MY SON IS RECEIVING 186.00 WOULD BE DOUBLE THAT BUT HE HAS ANOTHER SON THAT LIVES W/ HIM! SO UNLESS HE HAS ANOTHER KID I'M NOT SURE WHY IT IS THAT LOW! GOOD LUCK!!!:confused::confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">