• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recent found will MO and FLA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prideluv

I have found a certified copy of my mother's will who died in dec 95. I checked with the probate offices in both states and my step father never filed her will. He remarried and died 3 years ago.
The estate was sizeable, but obviously with him deceased, I cannot obtain the original of the will. Is there anything I can do, since he gained control of everything by witholding the will from probate? I was my mothers only child and received nothing.
I tried to get the bank records, but they said I needed a testimentary by the probate courts even tho my stepfather is now deceased. They said that his new wife has control over my mothers personal bank records now.
I have no money.. This was a million dollar estate.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

With or without a Will, you or another family member could have filed a Probate action. But, you obviously didn't. So, because of the Statute of Limitations having past a long time ago, you're now out of luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">