• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recieved A Ticket After An Accident!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman said:
It takes exactly the same amount as if he stayed on his butt in the donut shop.
Actually, maybe he was out generating other "revenue". So, by your inability to drive, he was not able to make his "quota" or "revenue". Plusl add in the ambulance, public works, etc. (Lose the donut joke.... it shows your maturity)

Maybe next time, when you ae wrapped around a tree, he will decide to continuing eating his donut, instead of coming and helping you.....

justalayman said:
When you figure in the possibility he may get in an accident and cause damage to his or anybody elses car.. you tell me.
Actually, he is sent there, as required by his job. So if you didn't **** up, he would have to go. He has no option... you on the other hand, do.

justalayman said:
BTW I have seen poice respond to situations similar to this and actually get in a wreck themselves. Do you think they ticketed themselves....I really doubt it.
See above. If he had his choice, he wouldn't drive over a sheet of ice. You, on the other hand, apparently don't think that far ahead. Again, if it weren't for you screwing up, he wouldn't have to come to your aid.

justalayman said:
We have no choice but to drive in them.
Umm, actually you do. It is called bus, feet, bike, or taxi.

justalayman said:
When I was young the cops would generally not ticket for this type of situation calling it an "act of God".
Your aging yourself, "young"en. The ice is an act of God... ****ty driving is an act of the people.

justalayman said:
The ticket serves zero purpose except to raise revenue.
Well, actually, it serves as a deterent for people to drive carelessly. It encourages people to drive safely under the conditions... interesting, huh? Also, do you think the police give a **** about revenue? It doesnt get them any pay raises!!

justalayman

pooh you are so far off the mark

Actually, maybe he was out generating other "revenue". So, by your inability to drive, he was not able to make his "quota" or "revenue". Plusl add in the ambulance, public works, etc. (Lose the donut joke.... it shows your maturity)
I was not unable to drive. That is the point, the damages were so minor. No ambulance no tow truck nothing except him. The donut joke was tossed in there to merely stress the stereotype, it was not meant to be of any value.

Actually, he is sent there, as required by his job. So if you didn't **** up, he would have to go. He has no option... you on the other hand, do.
Didn't say it wasn't his job. This was part of the retort to the comment by bigpigtx about how much it cost to respond

You merely have served to strengthen my point. the bus,and taxi would still be vehicles on the road. Same conditions, same probability for the accident. The feet or bike thing. I don't know where you live but around here a 30 mile commute to work is very common. There is no bus service available that would have any use concerning my post. and as far as walking, ya right at ten degrees walking 30 miles,, ya right.

And again. There are no choices as to driving on the ice. It is here, life does go on, you drive on ice. No choices available.

It must be great to be able to sit on your hump all day and not have to go anywhere like you apparently do. Around here people work for a living and have to get to work. As far as MY driving ability, well I'll put it at I have had VERY few tickets and Very very few accidents in around a million miles.

But seeing you are a cop I would expect nothing less than trying to defend writing a ticket with no value other than to generate revenue. Especially when I have seen crappy driving cops get in accidents in the very same place they were responding to. I'll bet they got a ticket (obvious sarcasm). Get off your high horse.

You just don't get it. ice is ice. when you have to go you have to go. I'm not talking about people driving carelessly. Situations happen that are unavoidable whether you want to accept it or not. You are just re-enforcing the points being made by some other posters concerning cops. The "I'm a cop, I'm right I have the power to prove it, right or wrong." That's a large part as to why my community just fired the complete police force in our area.

Some Random Guy

You just have to understand that some police departments routinely write tickets for every accident - regardless of driver conduct.

After an accident in which I struck a guardrail on an icy road, I was ticketed for "careless driving", because one line of the state statute was "failure to remain within the lanes of traffic".

Since you are technically in violation (since an accudent did occur), I think you only defense would be if you could provide evidence that the officer wrote the ticket because of department policy (at least one ticket per accident) instead of your conduct. I've seen several cases won that way.

CarrieT

poohmantbb said:
Im curious Poohman - how do YOU know the OP has an option??? He said he was 'driving to work'. Perhaps the OP is an emergency physician and there was a life which needed saving and he was the only one close enough to get there in time to save this persons life? We dont the particulars of WHY the OP was on that road, as he didnt say. So you do NOT know that he had any more or less an option than the Officer who was performing the duties HIS job required. :)

poohmantbb said:
See above. If he had his choice, he wouldn't drive over a sheet of ice. You, on the other hand, apparently don't think that far ahead. Again, if it weren't for you screwing up, he wouldn't have to come to your aid.
I dont think anyone, with an option (or perceived option) would elect to drive over a sheet of ice. And.. for the record BLACK ice is not just 'a sheet of ice'.

Here... this is from the Pocatello, ID weather advisory board:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pih/winter/winttravel.php

<< ROADS WHICH APPEAR TO BE CLEAR IN THE WINTERTIME MAY ACTUALLY BE COATED WITH A THIN LAYER OF ICE…COMMONLY KNOWN AS BLACK ICE.
THIS NEARLY INVISIBLE ICE LAYER CAN CAUSE YOU TO RAPIDLY LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE.
BLACK ICE IS MOST COMMON DURING THE NIGHTTIME HOURS. IF YOU DETECT BLACK ICE…YOU SHOULD REDUCE YOUR SPEED. >>

What the OP said was that 'it was not snowing, but the roads had been plowed' and he said that he was going '35 in a 55 zone'. He HAD reduced his speed, however was unaware that there was a patch of black ice.

poohmantbb said:
And the Officer has those SAME options :)

What is frightening Poohman, is your judgemental attitude here. You make judgements with incomplete factual information at your disposal. And I say thats frightening, because you are allegedly an Officer of the law! (Solomon should be so lucky!!) However on the positive side, it does support many peoples stance that 'Police Officers THINK their views are unimpeachable by virtue of the fact they are Police Officers". lol Thank you :)

You say 'if it werent for you screwing up, he (the Officer) wouldnt have had to come to your aid'. You make that judgement, that the OP 'screwed up' when no facts support that judgement. You say 'the officer came to your aid' when, again, no facts support that judgement. We know the Officer showed up, as the OP said so. However he didnt say the Officer aided him. He only said the Officer issued him a ticket. That is NOT aid :)
Perhaps the OP will let us know how he got 'home' or away from the accident. Did the Officer 'aid' him or was he required to call a tow truck and/or a family member or friend to come retrieve him :)

Carrie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">