• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving due to Speed 80/55 Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be worth a look and contacting them, since they feel VA driving laws are overly aggressive and unfair.

Good Luck
I grew up in VA and never had a problem. If you keep your speed down to the limit you won't have a problem there. But I will agree that the state police in VA are aggressive in enforcement of the speed limits. My aunt was a county deputy, and on more than one transport with other deputies the state police would stop the deputy driving for speeding; and this was in a VERY marked sheriff's department cruiser. VA troopers give NOONE a break, including other cops.

FlyingRon

I think you would agree this depends on the location and state some places still use ADA or CA with all traffic cases. if they are not around then you negotiate with the officer, and finally with the judge if you can.
The original poster is in VIRGINIA.
I am specifically giving advice to the way things are done in VIRGINIA.
What some other states do is IMMATERIAL.

There is no such thing as a ADA in VIRGINIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">