• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recording Teenage Phone Conversation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richro65

And you here are also a criminal. Rather than going after him, deal with your daughter. Seriously. Turn your attention from HIM to her.
I appreciate your response but I don't need to be chastised by you. Short of quitting my job and either grounding her for life or following her everywhere she goes, I'm doing all I can with no help from her deadbeat father.

TinkerBelleLuvr

I appreciate your response but I don't need to be chastised by you. Short of quitting my job and either grounding her for life or following her everywhere she goes, I'm doing all I can with no help from her deadbeat father.
Anywhere near a Boys & Girls' Club? They'll 'babysit' children until they are 18 after school.

Richro65

Vicarious consent....that's what I was wondering about in the first place. Thanks for the information. The only question is what Wisconsin's laws are regarding that. The website with state specific information on phone recording doesn't say one way or the other. I'll have to see what else I can find on that.

Just Blue

Vicarious consent....that's what I was wondering about in the first place. Thanks for the information. The only question is what Wisconsin's laws are regarding that. The website with state specific information on phone recording doesn't say one way or the other. I'll have to see what else I can find on that.
You can NOT consent to the illegal and make it legal. Even if.

Richro65

You can NOT consent to the illegal and make it legal. Even if.
Did you read the links that positronix posted? I'm not saying that it applies to my state but in those cases the courts DID allow recorded conversation to be brought into evidence using the vicarious consent law.

Read this one:
http://www.wislawjournal.com/archive/2007/0409/recording.html
It is NOT allowed in Wisconsin. Try again. Even with Vicarious Consent you cannot use it for law purposes.
According to your link, no, "Vicarious Consent" recordings cannot be used as evidence in court. But they are NOT unlawful, and could be used by police to investigate and develop further evidence. So it seems that if police interrogate a suspect based on such a recording, and the suspect confesses, then the confession is admissible.

The OP has not committed any crime. I see nothing wrong with continuing recording.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
According to your link, no, "Vicarious Consent" recordings cannot be used as evidence in court. But they are NOT unlawful, and could be used by police to investigate and develop further evidence. So it seems that if police interrogate a suspect based on such a recording, and the suspect confesses, then the confession is admissible.

The OP has not committed any crime. I see nothing wrong with continuing recording.
What's your legal background?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

No they cannot be used by the police. The police NEED a warrant to wiretap. And if you notice the facts of that case -- that was done to protect a minor with Down Syndrome -- who was handicapped. OPs child is NOT handicapped. That is a major difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">