• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Red Light" CVC21453(a) - Need advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

A felon cannot be the mayor of DC either but there was one recently. So, I never assume an officer is of good moral character (heck, he might be but I do not know that) until I question.
That's fine and dandy, but you were asking if he had been convicted of a felony. A felony conviction would be an absolute prohibition against being a sworn officer in the U.S.

Its an adversarial process .. I have flustered some officers on the stand asking them these types of questions but most just answer w/o being bothered by it; I think they understand the reasons being the questions ... and if not, oh well.
Since they cannot object, if the prosecutor or the judge doesn't curt the testimony off at the knees, they are more or less required to answer unless they make inquiry with the judge. The judges I have seen in traffic court would shut much of that line of questioning down real quick.

And you do get to cross examine the officer. So I always do so vigorously. And while a traffic case is not required to have a DA, some counties still do.
Not anywhere I am aware of in my state.

CdwJava

Given your posts in this thread, I guess we can assume that you are, or were, an attorney.
I'd vote that he is not now, nor has he been an attorney. That is not to say he might not be knowledgeable, just that he is not an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">