• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refunding overpaid CS?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mom22boyz

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband recently was awarded a decrease in his CS when it was recalculated to remove the cost of daycare. Since the reduction is retroactive to date of file, he is now overpaid by about $1200. How does this money get refunded? I know that the Ex wont voluntarily give the money back, but is there a legal process that he can follow to get this back?

Thanks in advance.

seniorjudge

mom22boyz said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband recently was awarded a decrease in his CS when it was recalculated to remove the cost of daycare. Since the reduction is retroactive to date of file, he is now overpaid by about $1200. How does this money get refunded? I know that the Ex wont voluntarily give the money back, but is there a legal process that he can follow to get this back?

Thanks in advance.
You have started eight (8) other threads on your child support problems.

Post this question in one of your numerous earlier threads.

NotSoNew

normally you dont get a refund, you would have a credit of 1200 on your account and can not pay until that 1200 is used up.

Be sure to supply employer with the new order, if it was wage assigned, so that the new amount will take over.

Waiting for the CSE to submit it to employers can takes weeks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">