• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refusal of emergency treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ognywogny

Its obviously my fault I wasn't clearer in my original post. I'm going to assume that is what has lead some of you to your snarky comments.

I no longer can afford insurance for myself, only for my wife. (No children at home). Yet my house is paid for. Since this “great” nation will not provide health care, I am willing to sacrifice myself so she is not turned out in the street if something happens to me. I have no suicide death wish. I only want her protected against financial ruin. My eternity is secure!

Cute, ShyCat. I understand your “public nuisance” tripe and have actually made arrangements for someone (not EMT's with unimaginable prices) to police up my carcass. That too is in my instructions I carry with me, if only the medical personnel can be imposed upon to honor a supposedly “free” man's wishes.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Its obviously my fault I wasn't clearer in my original post. I'm going to assume that is what has lead some of you to your snarky comments.

I no longer can afford insurance for myself, only for my wife. (No children at home). Yet my house is paid for. Since this “great” nation will not provide health care, I am willing to sacrifice myself so she is not turned out in the street if something happens to me. I have no suicide death wish. I only want her protected against financial ruin. My eternity is secure!

Cute, ShyCat. I understand your “public nuisance” tripe and have actually made arrangements for someone (not EMT's with unimaginable prices) to police up my carcass. That too is in my instructions I carry with me, if only the medical personnel can be imposed upon to honor a supposedly “free” man's wishes.
Okay. No EMT is going to stand there and watch you bleed to death. They will assist you, and you will eventually be asked to pay something for that service. Your ability (or inability) to pay can be addressed at that time.

Wearing a disclaimer is not going to deflect any potential charges.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your options remain the same as I already indicated. If you are conscious, you are free to refuse treatment and accept the consequences of doing so. If you are not, no disclaimer is going to relieve you of the responsibilty to pay the bill for services rendered outside of one of the options I gave you above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">