• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refuse to cooperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

In the Jan 08 ex and I went to court for child support and he claimed he was collecting disability and had insurance on our child. I have requested several times for the insurance card that he was ordered to give me. He refuse to give it to me. He states that he wants to attend every doctor's appointment then he will submit it to the doctor. I was also told that once he receive disability , my child is suppose to receive a check. That never happened...meaning he lied about collecting disability, he sit in school full time. However he was ordered to pay me $150 from an income imputed by the mediator because he claimed disability. I need to know what I should do to prove he lied about everything to lower child support.

Also he has cancelled several times for his visitation. I know visitation is a right not an obligation, however, I have logged everytime he cancelled. Can I reduce visitation?

Thanks everyone

Just Blue

Also he has cancelled several times for his visitation. I know visitation is a right not an obligation, however, I have logged everytime he cancelled. Can I reduce visitation?
No. you can't. If this continues for several months then you MIGHT be able to file for a modification of visitation. MIGHT! It would depend on how often he cancels and the reasons for it.

las365

I have requested several times for the insurance card that he was ordered to give me. He refuse to give it to me.
This seems to me to be the critical issue here. What insurance company did he claim the coverage was through? Did the mediator just take his word for it?

No. you can't. If this continues for several months then you MIGHT be able to file for a modification of visitation. MIGHT! It would depend on how often he cancels and the reasons for it.
He has cancelled a total of 20 times in one month. He reasoning was just simply that there were a lot of things going on in his home with his new wife being pregnant, he states he's been robbed twice in one month. Sometimes he would just cancel without a reason. He also called to cancel on the hour that he is suppose to visit.

This seems to me to be the critical issue here. What insurance company did he claim the coverage was through? Did the mediator just take his word for it?
yes the mediator took his word for it, however I requested proof on the spot and he said the card was at home. Then the mediator took him he was ordered to give me a copy when we left the court building and he refused repeatedly

las365

Sorry, I do not know much about family law, but if there is any way to get an expedited hearing or a re-visit with the mediator, that is the issue I would follow up on if I were you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">