• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Registered Owner Insured?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

good intent

Informed . . .

I to try to make every attempt to read all contracts, understand them, research the cars I buy, etc. . . . I just hope my effort in this case, doing what i thought was within the proper conduct of my contract . . . that it does not cause me any problems or delays . . . because i didn't make a choice that others may feel was the wrong, though I made a choice that i thought was within the contract I entered in to.

Not that i would want to be in such a position, but if they change their mind about coverage, from what I have been given, I would think a reasonable case could be made for E&O in court. I really hope that is not even something needing any concern for though . . . I am a firm believer in people file way too many suits because they don't read contracts or just feel they could hit the lottery in court . . . . My health issues require me to have reliable transportation . . . and everyone i have had contact with from my carrier, has always been good natured, friendly, and in the case of my adjuster, very good at making you feel they care and are trying to be straight up and an honest company . . . something not always available in todays corporate world!

If my adjuster finishes the claim with the same style and good nature that they have begun with, I hope to write the company and give praise & a good review for doing the job in such a professional manner.

gi

Last edited:

moburkes

If the adjuster is working on getting a $ value to you, then he's obviously going to pay the claim.

Yes, I mentioned E&O for that very reason. If the reason why you might have been denied a claim was due to the agent or broker's error, then E&O would be a logical next step.

ecmst12

No one has mentioned this, but you should be aware that giving your car to her to avoid it being seized for a debt may be considered fraud, and it may not even have been necessary, since many states have exemptions for a personal vehicle, among property that may be seized to satisfy a judgement.

good intent

possibility only . . .

The car was a gift to us and there was no judgment pending against me, just my worries of future possibilities. I was advised by legal counsel to do this until we became married as a precaution for any worst case possibilities only. Again, I wasn't trying to beat the system, just take precautions that are needed to keep a roof over your head when living on a disability check from SS. There is never room for financial surprises, so every legal, ethical & moral efforts to avoid them is needed.

THANKS!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">