• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reimbursement for funeral

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NwhbyR

What is the name of your state?CA
I live with Joe. We are 50 yoa. Been living together 9 months. Speaking of marriage. September 29 Joe gets on his new motorcycle (give from me) and is killed. Taken to hospital, his children were called. No one called me. Some time the morning of September 30, stepdaughter (Fawn) calls our roomate and tells her. She tells me. Some time later that day, C (Joe's middle son of 3) and his wife C come to the house. Speak of many things. She called funeral home (biggest), asks me if I want a rosary, clergy. After call(s) she says no one has money. Need to transport the body. I give her a $2,000.00 check, blank payee. She states she'll get ahold of famiily for - the rest and/or reimbursement. (it was a bad day, I'm foggy). C&C come back October 1, states no one has money. Gave her $2,000.00 check, payee blank. At viewing, a service much unlike she discussed with me. Joe's brother thanks me for my check. He paid the other half. We are both embarrassed. Fawn states she has given local collection and $500 from her husband's familiy to C&C. SOoooo. I'm at - have receipt from funeral home and both sides of both checks. First check deposited by funeral home. Second cashed by C&C. I need specific names of causes of action and supporting CA Codes for two small claims actions. First check - breach of contract.? Service not what I paid for. Failure to reimburse. Second check - tort claim.? C&C knew service was already paid for when they came for more. I asked for the money back at the service. She (C) stated don't worry it all went to the family. Months later over the phone he (C) stated you can afford it. This is a protracted painful tale.

HomeGuru

NwhbyR said:
What is the name of your state?CA
I live with Joe. We are 50 yoa. Been living together 9 months. Speaking of marriage. September 29 Joe gets on his new motorcycle (give from me) and is killed. Taken to hospital, his children were called. No one called me. Some time the morning of September 30, stepdaughter (Fawn) calls our roomate and tells her. She tells me. Some time later that day, C (Joe's middle son of 3) and his wife C come to the house. Speak of many things. She called funeral home (biggest), asks me if I want a rosary, clergy. After call(s) she says no one has money. Need to transport the body. I give her a $2,000.00 check, blank payee. She states she'll get ahold of famiily for - the rest and/or reimbursement. (it was a bad day, I'm foggy). C&C come back October 1, states no one has money. Gave her $2,000.00 check, payee blank. At viewing, a service much unlike she discussed with me. Joe's brother thanks me for my check. He paid the other half. We are both embarrassed. Fawn states she has given local collection and $500 from her husband's familiy to C&C. SOoooo. I'm at - have receipt from funeral home and both sides of both checks. First check deposited by funeral home. Second cashed by C&C. I need specific names of causes of action and supporting CA Codes for two small claims actions. First check - breach of contract.? Service not what I paid for. Failure to reimburse. Second check - tort claim.? C&C knew service was already paid for when they came for more. I asked for the money back at the service. She (C) stated don't worry it all went to the family. Months later over the phone he (C) stated you can afford it. This is a protracted painful tale.
**A: thanks for writing. This is a legal advice website not a representation or research site where we provide specific names to causes of action and supporting CA codes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">