• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relinquishing parental rights/child support question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbowman

Take a look at this recent case:

http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2007/11/appeals_court_rejects_roe_vs_w.html
(copy and paste link into your browser)

I find it so strange all of the excuses this poster is making for her loser husband and how horrible she is trying to make the woman out to be. This woman had NO loyalty towards you and had absolutely no reason to have loyalty towards you. SHE didnt make vows to you. Dont you think your husband must have lied a little here? Told her that he was leaving you, that THEY would be together? YOUR husband is the one that did something horrible and is continuing to do so, in my opinion. So you choose to hate her and stick by this man?

This child is Half of your husband. This child is related to your child. You need to get past your anger towards her and think on that a little.

LdiJ

I would like to make some points that have nothing to do with finger pointing regarding the affair, and are things that you should think about very carefully.

This child that your husband wants nothing to do with, is HIS child, but more importantly, is the brother or sister of YOUR child.

Not only may this child come knocking at your door some day, but you also may have a very angry child of your own who will resent the fact that he/she never got to grow up with his/her brother/sister.

Your husband also has parents who are never going to get to meet one of their grandchildren...maybe siblings who won't get to meet their niece or nephew.

I understand that you are a child of adoption, and you feel no compelling need to know anything about your biological parents, however, not everyone reacts the way that you do, and not everyone who is denied the opportunity to know this child and be part of this child's life, will be happy that it happened this way.

So please think this all through very very carefully. Because its a decision that your husband may bitterly regret down the road. Think about it from the basis of the children, and the other people who will be denied knowing a member of their family.

At lastly....if the children are of opposite sexes, and you live in the same area, think how horrified you might end up being if they end up meeting at school and being friends, or heaven forbid, meet when they are young adults and start dating, and you don't find out about it until the damage is done.

What if they look alike and are in the same school? That will raise major eyebrows as well.

So please, understand that its simply not as simple, emotionally or practically as you think for your husband to abandon his child.

Yes, I am sure that it would be easier to get over the affair if you do not constantly have to be reminded of it, by the presence of the child every other weekend, or however often visitation might be arranged...but again, please think this through carefully.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I don't understand why they always call it "relinquishing rights", as if they're making some kind of sacrifice. Just be real and call it "pretending I didn't help create this human being."

As far as your husband is concerned being the father of this child isn't a right, it's an inconvenience, so why not use your vocabulary a little more efficiently?

ezmarelda

I don't understand why they always call it "relinquishing rights", as if they're making some kind of sacrifice. Just be real and call it "pretending I didn't help create this human being."

As far as your husband is concerned being the father of this child isn't a right, it's an inconvenience, so why not use your vocabulary a little more efficiently?

I do believe you have made my day :D

MrsK

He didn't love you enough to honor the vows he took. Might want to think about that.

But, as the mother of a fatherless child who is perfectly happy w/the father never having any contact as long as he drops his check in the mail every week, I think the fact that your husband doesn't want anything to do with his child is pretty far down on the list of reasons he's a worthless a$$hole.

Agreed on both counts.

I have to say I almost feel sorry for this OP. She is being cold and heartless, yes.....but her heart has obviously been ripped out by this sh**head that she is married to. ANd I am sorry for standing on my soapbox for a moment here....but why would anyone want to stay with someone who cheats on them?? I will never understand that.

And OP, follow the advice here....it is valid and right. I know it hurts like hell, but this child had nothing to do with how he/she was conceived and does not deserve the punishment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">