• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renewing a Protective Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DisabledGeek89

What is the name of your state? Virginia

As many of you know I had to get a protective order against my former friend. It expires in December 2023, just asking in advance if I choose to renew what processes can me and my case manager expect?

December 2023 is a long time away. How long is your protective order? Is your former friend doing anything that indicates s/he will be a problem after the order ends?

quincy

What is the name of your state? Virginia

As many of you know I had to get a protective order against my former friend. It expires in December 2023, just asking in advance if I choose to renew what processes can me and my case manager expect?
With luck, you won’t need to extend the order because your former friend is no longer a threat. IF your friend violates any terms of the protective order, or IF you still feel threatened in December 2023, you will want to file for an extension, with evidence to support the need for the extension of the order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">