• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdoramus

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I rented a moving truck in early February. When we circled the
truck looking for damages everything that was visible was noted. When I got into the truck the heater was going full blast since it was about 15 degrees outside. I drove about two or three miles down the road when a crack started streaking across the windshield coming from below the dashboard. I immediately turned off the heater and the crack stopped spreading. I figured the truck was fine for me to finish my move. Low behold I return the truck with the crack and he wants my insurance information since I opted for my insurance to cover and damages, I refuse at first since I don't feel that this is anything near my fault, he tells me I will pay and so the battle begins. My insurance company said that the amount to fix the windshield is less than my deductible so they won't pay. Now this guy is on me again, this time he charged the amount to my credit card wich I never even authorized, except for the amount of the truck rental, I have since disputed the charge and cancelled the account. I spoke to the owner who said his lawyer told him to do it, I'm afraid this guy is going to take me to small claims court since I refuse to pay. Should I be at fault for this? This is like saying that the engine block cracked and since I signed saying that I was responsible I have to pay! Any help?

racer72

The damage was not there when you took possession of the truck. You will be found liable for damages in court.

N

nowpastdue

I am NOT an attorney.

Check with your state insurance commissioner's office. In some states there is no deductible for glass damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">