• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renters Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Cool should read over his policy coverage, of course, but it appears a claim has already been filed with his insurer.

adjusterjack

I've never seen a travel insurance policy or homeowners/renters policy that's going to cover a on-the-street stick up (is that want happened)?
I don't know about travel insurance but robbery is theft and theft is covered under a homeowners or renters policy.

Cool

The hotel staff stole everything on camera. The adjuster told me a police report translated from the tourist police was unacceptable and the new report I got months after the incident is also unacceptable.

quincy

The hotel staff stole everything on camera. The adjuster told me a police report translated from the tourist police was unacceptable and the new report I got months after the incident is also unacceptable.
What has happened with the criminal case against the hotel staff?

Was your property recovered? Were you reimbursed by the hotel staff?

It sounds as if your insurer might believe the hotel has covered your losses.

Cool

What has happened with the criminal case against the hotel staff?

Was your property recovered? Were you reimbursed by the hotel staff?

It sounds as if your insurer might believe the hotel has covered your losses.
They did not. The Latinos gave me no justice.

quincy

They did not. The Latinos gave me no justice.
In what country were you vacationing?

What was the problem with the police reports? What did the police reports say that made them unacceptable to your insurer?

quincy

Cool, you mentioned that hotel staff was captured “on camera” committing the theft. Are are you able to get a copy of (what I assume was) the surveillance video?

Cool

First report in English. Second report was made mos. After incident. Can they request ss card passports dl and birth certificates for identity?

quincy

First report in English. Second report was made mos. After incident. Can they request ss card passports dl and birth certificates for identity?
Possibly. Were social security cards, passports, driver licenses and birth certificates requested?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Who is "they"?
Have "they" requested it? If the answer to the second question of mine is "yes", then the answer to your question is, obviously, "yes".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">