• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Replacing withdrawn attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chitown

What is the name of your state? Florida

Is there a specific time to notify the Court and opposing counsel with regards to the attorney or other representative replacing the withdrawn attorney? If the party is self representing and is not engaging another attorney to finish the cas are there different rules/forms? Have looked in the Family Law Florida Rules of Procedure but couldnt locate a cite that stated anything precisely. Thanks in advance for information and your time.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
chitown said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Is there a specific time to notify the Court and opposing counsel with regards to the attorney or other representative replacing the withdrawn attorney? If the party is self representing and is not engaging another attorney to finish the cas are there different rules/forms? Have looked in the Family Law Florida Rules of Procedure but couldnt locate a cite that stated anything precisely. Thanks in advance for information and your time.
If an attorney withdraws, the attorney will inform the court they are withdrawing as well as serve the other parties. If the party is pro se (self-representing as you call it) they are required to use the same rules and forms and such as the attorneys. Pro se means you are representing yourself but you are still expected to conduct yourself accordingly and follow all rules and procedures expected of counsel.

chitown

State = Florida

My attorney originally notified the Court and opposing counsel as to his role by responding to original petition. Do I wait to respond to correspondence from opposing counsel or do I draft a notification of my role (now) and deliver to Court and OC? Thank you very much for first response.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
chitown said:
State = Florida

My attorney originally notified the Court and opposing counsel as to his role by responding to original petition. Do I wait to respond to correspondence from opposing counsel or do I draft a notification of my role (now) and deliver to Court and OC? Thank you very much for first response.
Until your attorney notifies the Court that he is withdrawn he is bound to represent you in the Court's eyes. Has he done that? Then you can file whatever you need to file by signing it (your name), Pro Se.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">