• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting Handicap Parking Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HH count yourself lucky that it wasn't me that caught you. I have more then 100 'tickets' to my credit and included in those are more than 30 towaways.

No, I'm not a cop. I'm a disabled veteran who doesn't use a disabled placard but damn sure thinks it's disgusting when people who are perfectly healthy take advantage of the spots for 'convenience'.

And I have no problem calling the police, filling out a citizen complaint and calling the tow truck when appropriate. So pay the fine and realize that you got off lucky. And be thankful that you don't HAVE to use the spot.
just wondering...

in what capacity have you earned the position as an expert witness in determining people's level of disability? do they need a w/c or crutches? do they need to walk with a limp? do they need to walk around with no shirt to show the recent open heart surgery? or no pants if they had hip surgery?

the reason i ask this, is that my 5 year old niece has the right to have a handicap plate since she was born due to her being a premature baby and suffers from acute asthma. she looks healthy but the need for her treatment machine close by in the car gave her the right to get one as per their MD.

so....while you might not have a life and feel the need to "police" the parking lots, remember that those spots (though abuse some times by people) are for lots of people that might otherwise not show the need. you might be harassing people that clearly need it.

CdwJava

Gulf, I didn't read where he called the police on people misusing the placard, but, instead, on people who park in handicapped spaces without one.

I have seen people misuse them, but it's usually when the person to whom it was issued was no present in the car ... then I get to take the placard and they can explain to their loved one why they lost the placard. We cannot decide at the roadside if someone's handicap is true or not, that is outside of our (law enforcement) hands.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">