• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request Ex be responsible for transportation for visitation while not paying CS?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thedorkster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Ex claims to not be working so CSE is not enforcing the order at all. I have given them the name of the company that he works for, which is a company owned by his girlfriend and the name of the company that he contracts for. He is a truck driver. Since ex or girlfriend do not answer any communication from CSE, they assume he is unemployed.

His CS was recently decreased because of this supposed unemployment, however there is some proof that he was indeed working at the time. My problem other than not receiving CS is that there is a hour and a half drive to visitation drop off every other week. Is it possible, and how so, to request ex be solely responsible for transportation while he is not paying CS? Thank you in advance.

CourtClerk

Visitation and Child Support are separate issues. If you are responsible for all or part of the transportation during visitation, then you continue to do so.

thedorkster

Thanks for the response. I have continued to do so, however the hardship it is causing is increasing. I've recently got another job to help make ends meet, but he hasn't been paying since August so this is not something new. Contempt doesn't really help, he just gets another one and continues not to pay. I've heard of others' orders that provide for transportation in lieu of CS, so I wondered how that was requested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">