• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request Leasing Agreement/contract but no response, what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LamJam20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I've been requesting my leasing contract from my apartment manager and she is ignoring my phone calls, emails, and when I go to her office "she suddenly stepped out". Is there a compliance letter I can send to them to comply with my request or leasing agreement will be null and void?

This all happened because I told her I wanted to move out and I had someone who wanted to replace my spot in the contract. At first she said it was ok as long as the person passes the background check and everyone in the house makes twice is what rent is then the other person could take my place. So, I found someone and when we were about to sign all the documents she comes back and says what I meant to tell you is that the other person by themselves must make twice is what rent is, not everyone in the household. So noone would truly be able to move in because, me by myself barely makes that, that's why I have a roommate. She said it was there rule but when I requested my contract to see it, I haven't heard from them at all. So I'm wondering what my options are, I know from experience in working in insurance we give the insured 10 days to respond to phone calls, email, etc. After no response we send a compliance letter which gives another 7 days and then after we send a reservation of rights letter to them. So I was thinking maybe we have the same process with apartments, after a certain amount of days of no response whats so ever I can void my contract or something legally.

STEPHAN

Where is your copy of the lease?

The LL has no obligation to negotiate an early termination of the lease with you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">