• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Required doctors note?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

I don't know exactly which section this question should go, so ill just post here.

Today I called in sick for work due to a flue-like sickness. My General Manager told me that i need to have a docters note if i am going to call-in-sick(otherwise i dont have a job). My question is, is it legal to require me to bring in a doctors note for calling in sick? Today is sunday, doctors offices are usually closed, and i am not about to go to the emergency room if im not in an emergency. Can anyone tell what my rights are in the situation(if i have any)?

Thanks in advance,
Bashar

rmet4nzkx

Your employer can require a doctor's note and work release, if you don't want to go to the ER call an urgent care but most will be closed by this hour. So it looks like you should have gone earlier today.

rmet4nzkx said:
Your employer can require a doctor's note and work release, if you don't want to go to the ER call an urgent care but most will be closed by this hour. So it looks like you should have gone earlier today.
Thanks for the input, does it make any difference if i have no healthcare or benefits and cannot afford to go to urgent care/emergency room/doctor??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">