• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Responsiblities after Death.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcpmp

What is the name of your state? California
I am posting this question for my father.
My youger brother pasted away last year. Since his death stories have surfaced about his great adventures. One of his adventures included insurance fraud. When he was 18 (year 1999) he bought a car and my father included him under his insurance policy. When he was 19 (year 2000) he decided he wanted a different car and burned the car in a field and reported it stolen. The insurance company paid out and covered the stolen vehicle. My father wants to know:
1. Since my brother was under my fathers insurance policy is he in any way liable?
2. What is the statue of limitation on a case like this?

S

seniorjudge

tcpmp said:
What is the name of your state? California
I am posting this question for my father.
My youger brother pasted away last year. Since his death stories have surfaced about his great adventures. One of his adventures included insurance fraud. When he was 18 (year 1999) he bought a car and my father included him under his insurance policy. When he was 19 (year 2000) he decided he wanted a different car and burned the car in a field and reported it stolen. The insurance company paid out and covered the stolen vehicle. My father wants to know:
1. Since my brother was under my fathers insurance policy is he in any way liable?

A: No.

A: See prior answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">