• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining Order Guidlines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? FL

I have a 17 year old daughter. I am trying to keep this16 year old PUNK away from her, however he shows up at her school, and calls her un announced and so on. What are her rights at this point. This boy is trouble, 10 times over.. His mother is an attorney and he hides behind that.. But I am just wondering what rights does she have at this point.???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

In the animal world, it's impossible to keep the male of the species away while the female is in estrus and emitting pharomones.

Same thing in the human world - - except your daughter may be the one "emitting" some sort of sign, words, or body language that keeps him coming back.

What's her side of this story?

IAAL

IAAL

She told him on Thursday, that she wanted no more contact with him. He showed up at her school on this day and she told him basically she wanted nothing to do with him and that he needed to stop calling and so on.

Well you see, I work right across the street from the school, which is where she is to come every day. Well she was late on this day, (when she showed up)she told me that he showed up at the school, at this time she had told me what she told him, and so I asked for his email. I told him, there will be no more contact through email, phone or person. And that if he did show up at her school (after she told him she wanted nothing to do with him) that I would file a restraining order on him. (maybe a wrong move), but this is my only daughter and I don't want her messed up with some (pervert) person that's on the deep end. Well he responded using his mom as a scapgoat, (she has failed the bar 3 times) and I am not sure if I have a leg to stand on..

Sorry if this seems out of context but, It's saturday, and it's late... Thanks though...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: IAAL

OutForRevenge said:
She told him on Thursday, that she wanted no more contact with him. He showed up at her school on this day and she told him basically she wanted nothing to do with him and that he needed to stop calling and so on.

Well you see, I work right across the street from the school, which is where she is to come every day. Well she was late on this day, (when she showed up)she told me that he showed up at the school, at this time she had told me what she told him, and so I asked for his email. I told him, there will be no more contact through email, phone or person. And that if he did show up at her school (after she told him she wanted nothing to do with him) that I would file a restraining order on him. (maybe a wrong move), but this is my only daughter and I don't want her messed up with some (pervert) person that's on the deep end. Well he responded using his mom as a scapgoat, (she has failed the bar 3 times) and I am not sure if I have a leg to stand on..

Sorry if this seems out of context but, It's saturday, and it's late... Thanks though...

My response:

You said, "this is my only daughter and I don't want her messed up with some (pervert) person."

Oh, but if you had four other daughters, then you wouldn't mind, right?

Look, you STILL haven't told me what he's doing, other than talking to her; nor, have you explained how he's a "pervert".

Additionally, you haven't explained what he's saying in conjunction with the fact that his mother is a failed attorney.

Just what the heck is going on? It's only been since last Thursday, for pete's sake! Give him a chance to "wind down". He'll lay off in due time. Just as long as she's not being hurt by him. All she has to do is ignore him.

IAAL

Last edited:
Ok, IAAL

Well this just didn't start last Thursday. She met up with this boy Last July. And since then her grades have been slipping and she was TOTALLY DISCARDING her parents (US). Well in October, She got grounded for a huge cell phone bill... He didn't like that so he came TO MY WORK and confronted me, and basically asked me why we were punishing HIM for something she did. He said that he shouldn't have to stop seeing her (basically punishing him) for something she had done. Well on the second day of him showing up AT MY WORK, I basically told him that her grounding had nothing to do with him, and get the hell out. Well, it took my husband stepping in, before he got the hint.

During the grounding he kept doing EVERYTHING we didn't want, like showing up to see her, calling her, and emailing her. Mind you (she kept telling him to stop), she knew things would get worst and told him to stop. Well basically, my husband and I had to sit him down, and tell him that he was not going to run the show and that he needed to respect our guidlines if he wanted to date her.

After a month, she was allowed to see him again, but you see, he has this problem with his car (like speeding tickets) so she wasn't allowed to go out with him unless someone else was driving..

It was a lot of things, and about the pervert thing? Well let me just say, my daughter tells ME EVERYTHING, and well this boy apparently watches people have sex, and he tells her these things, then TAKES PICTURES. HE IS SICK. I am trying to not say anything to the mother (because of my daughter's trust) but he is just pushing me way over the edge...

I just want to know if there is anything I can do to keep him AWAY....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I'm sorry. You're telling me everything, and you're telling me nothing - - from a "legal" standpoint. He's not doing anything illegal with your daughter, and your daughter and YOU are "allowing" him to continue in this manner - - by taking his calls, by reading his e-mail, and basically allowing the permission he needs.

In reality, and so far from what you've said, and as I initially believed in my first response to you, this is nothing more than a "hormone" situation, and not a "legal" situation.

In other words, this is more a "parenting" situation, than anything.

Don't you remember how all the boys were pining after you?

IAAL

I understand

IAAL,
I understand what you are saying, I guess once he starts following her around and calling her uncontrollably then we have a stalking issue. I just don't think it's right. This boy is not right in the head, and I don't think he will be if he doesn't get any mental help....

This was a girl at one time, who had great grades (up until she met him) and never thought twice about her family. I mean really, he brought her an article (he says he read), and it was about girls who end up rebelling against the parents if they hate their boyfriends. (And to just let you know, I never had a boyfriend who tried to pull me away from my family)

I have been married to the same person for 17 years, and I am only in my mid 30's....

Thanks for the advice..I appreciate it...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">