• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retailer Passing along Credit Card Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rowz

Greetings from the Jersey Shore [NJ]

I have a question about the [very] recent court decision that allows merchants who accept credit cards to pass along the fee charged directly to the consumer.

We have the Intuit smartphone device and we also use Paypal in our internet sales.

As of this [admiittedly] earlly date we have not heard from either of those services as to if we are now allowed to pass these fees along.

Does anyone know of we can do so at this time?

In a PayPal Discussion Board reference was made to PP being a 3rd party provider and as such we would still not be alllowed to pass the fees thru to the consumer.

I am much more comfortable taking advice from a forum such as this.

Thanks for your time and attention.

RowZ

Antigone*

Greetings from the Jersey Shore [NJ]

I have a question about the [very] recent court decision that allows merchants who accept credit cards to pass along the fee charged directly to the consumer.

We have the Intuit smartphone device and we also use Paypal in our internet sales.

As of this [admiittedly] earlly date we have not heard from either of those services as to if we are now allowed to pass these fees along.

Does anyone know of we can do so at this time?

In a PayPal Discussion Board reference was made to PP being a 3rd party provider and as such we would still not be alllowed to pass the fees thru to the consumer.

I am much more comfortable taking advice from a forum such as this.

Thanks for your time and attention.

RowZ
Why not just pass the cost of doing business through your prices?

rowz

This situation is not a standard "static" retail pricing model.
In the antique show/flea marrket & auction world prices do fluctuate.

Another word for what is done in the first 2 venues is "haggling".

After eviewing my inital post Ican se tthat the above was an important distinction that I failed to make.

Thank you for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">