• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rethorical question or an acutal question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Ok, here is the silliness, what type of legal response do I owe this woman?

She writes......
Once again you have refused to give me the dates that you'd like to have Nxxxxx this summer 2005. I also have family that has to travel quite far to see him. I've been asking you for several weeks and you just keep putting me off, as usual. I still have NO dates from you and have no idea when you'd like for Nxxxxxx to come visit. It's quite childish to make our family put our plans in limbo, because you can't seem to be responsible.
Now, the deadline has come and gone, just like last summer. So, you get him all of July as it's stated. As you well know, I get a weekend during that long visit that he has with you, and I pick the 2nd weekend which is July 15, 16, and 17. Please make plans for that. I am filing a copy away and sending one to Pat, for when you start your drama, once again.
I'd appreciate some kind of response this week, if it's not too much for you. Thanks.

:rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jslopez711 said:

She writes......
Once again you have refused to give me the dates that you'd like to have Nxxxxx this summer 2005. I also have family that has to travel quite far to see him. I've been asking you for several weeks and you just keep putting me off, as usual. I still have NO dates from you and have no idea when you'd like for Nxxxxxx to come visit. It's quite childish to make our family put our plans in limbo, because you can't seem to be responsible.
Now, the deadline has come and gone, just like last summer. So, you get him all of July as it's stated. As you well know, I get a weekend during that long visit that he has with you, and I pick the 2nd weekend which is July 15, 16, and 17. Please make plans for that. I am filing a copy away and sending one to Pat, for when you start your drama, once again.
I'd appreciate some kind of response this week, if it's not too much for you. Thanks.

My response:

Please quote your visitation orders on this subject so that we can have some context to the above. Also, make sure to include the part that states your Summer decision deadline.

IAAL

Sorry, It's Texas standard. I need to give her dates by the 1st of April. If I don't give her dates then I get him for 30 consecutive days in July. She gets what ever weekend she chooses within my 30 days in July. So, do I assume that she doesn't know that?? I can't say no, she is within her deadline, April 15.

Phnx02

jslopez711 said:

She writes......

Summer is fast approaching and school will be out soon.
Evidently you have a "date deadline" in your orders to inform her when you wish to have the child this summer....and it has passed. Just answer the poor woman with the dates you want the child. :eek:

Phnx02 said:
Summer is fast approaching and school will be out soon.
Evidently you have a "date deadline" in your orders to inform her when you wish to have the child this summer....and it has passed. Just answer the poor woman with the dates you want the child. :eek:
What are you saying? I can actually deny her those dates if I could? I think not.
See, that is my question, what answer do I owe her? I figuered she has it all figured out.

I guess I can say "fine"? I don't have a say if I did'nt get my dates in on time.

Last edited:

Phnx02

jslopez711 said:
What are you saying? I can actually deny her those dates if I could? I think not.
See, that is my question, what answer do I owe her? I figuered she has it all figured out.

I guess I can say "fine"? I don't have a say if I did'nt get my dates in on time.
What are you saying? You want to play games and want advice on how to keep doing it? What do your orders say?

Whyte Noise

You didn't meet YOUR deadline of April 1 to let her know what days you wanted so you revert to the standard and get the month of July.

She DID meet her deadline to tell you what weekend she wants during that 30 days, so you have no choice but to allow it.

She said she'd appreciate a response this time, give her one. Tell her that you're sorry for not meeting the deadline (if you are) and that you will have the child ready the weekend she's picked so that you and her both have written proof of that chosen weekend.

There's your response.

It's common courtesy to acknowledge plans with another person. I imagine that is what she's wanting from you.

And next year, pick your 30 days before April 1st like you're supposed to unless you just want the month of July every year. Even if that is the case, it's once again common courtesy to let the other person know that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Considering how quickly daycamps and such fill up, it's really rather inconsiderate to keep playing games. All you're doing is being passive-aggressive. And then you'll wonder why the ex is a b*tch. :rolleyes:

LdiJ

jslopez711 said:

She writes......

There isn't anything "silly" about this. She is the one in the right on this one. You simply respond by acknowledging that you understand that the default dates have gone into effect and that you will honor the weekend she selected as you are required to do by law.

If you wanted the default dates anyway, the reasonable thing to have done would have been to inform her of that by your deadline of April 1st. Common courtesy goes a long way in improving the co-parenting relationship.

Just an opinion w/ you,she and her new man having been going at it for some time now it seems all is an arguement. Personally I'd either send no response (one isn't necessary or required) or a sweet acknowledgement letting her know that w/your intention to follow the July extended summer possession there was no need to provide any other dates but that you have received her letter of advance notice and have marked your calendar accordingly.

If you 3 end up in court again you don't want any lack of cooperation coming back on you-just in case.

LdiJ said:
There isn't anything "silly" about this. She is the one in the right on this one. You simply respond by acknowledging that you understand that the default dates have gone into effect and that you will honor the weekend she selected as you are required to do by law.

If you wanted the default dates anyway, the reasonable thing to have done would have been to inform her of that by your deadline of April 1st. Common courtesy goes a long way in improving the co-parenting relationship.
I told her I didn't care this year because I wasn't going anywhere, new baby arriving. I also told her to give me dates when her family will be coming around so that I can work around them. This conversation happened way before the 1st of April. She said she would get back at me with the dates when she knew her family was going to be around and I said fine. She never did, the time passed and I thought she did not have the dates. Now this.
I wrote her back, I told her that I had been waiting for her to give me the dates that her family was going to come into town so that I could make my arrangements and that is why she did not get the dates on the 1st. I also told her it was now her choice and that I would still work around her family schedule as long as she did not spring it to me in mid-July if she wanted to have the boy during their stays.

We'll see.... But I guess, it is no longer a legal question because she can either keep the July dates she gave me or make a change. The ball is no longer in my court. I'll keep you posted however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">