• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ridiculus Proposal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

railrider

Hi All,

the judge ordered that we each come up with proposals for visitation, etc and present them to the children's GAL to try to work out a plan. For years my ex has slowly removed most of my parental rights through malicious litagation, etc. our original order has been so chopped up and pared down that it looks nothing like the original order. However, slowly the courts have realized the character of my ex and the judge is fed up.

all I want is a fair and equitable parenting plan so with help I had one drafted. my ex also drafted one. The problem is, my ex knows the gal cannot force him to agree to or sign anything so ,my ex drafted the most horrible parenting plan that buts even more restriction on my and what little was given has stings attached in such a way that my ex would be in complete control of every situation.

we go for our meeting today to discuss a plan and as far as I am concerned, his is not open for consideration. this is not just my opinion, I have sought the opinion of a phycologist, and a lawyer.

mine is fair and equitable to both parents and both parents share in the parenting of our children.

I guess my question is: considering this very blantant act of purposfully drafting a parenting plan that is only of benefit to my ex and considering my plan is very comprehensive, fair and equitable, i know I will have to refuse all put one item in his plan. I know that I will have to go to the courts now in order to get something done, even though i had hoped we could work it out.

do I have a chance at custody in court once the judge reads the condensending, agressive, hateful, and clearly one sided plan of my ex, the goal in my exs plan is clearly addressing his needs, not the needs of the children, and then reads the fair and equitable, clearly addressing the needs of the children plan of mine?

BelizeBreeze

How do you expect an answer to the only question you asked unless we can interview the judge, view both plans, talk to the GAL and review your entire case?

It simply can't be done. And there is a lot that you've left out, including why you do not have custody at this time. THAT is a major factor.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Essentially, it's nothing more than a negotiation that's going on. And when it comes to negotiation, it's best to ask for more than you're willing to settle for.

Otherwise, BB's right - we don't know anywhere near enough to even hazard a guess what sort of chance you might have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">