• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right to privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

majano

Pennsylvania

A 16 yr old had a misdemenor. Parents demanded that student get a PO. Student asked to move in with grandparents and judge ordered it to be so. Parents selected a behavior program in place of probation (officer still supervises over) , but took no part in it. A behavior rep. came here twelve hrs. a week. The "behavior" was from being truant. He has severe processing LDs the school refused to accomodate his entire school career. He is now 17 and had to quit as he had no means of coping with the disabling environment.
Anything he tried to set up for himself; job, Cyber School, etc. was visited by the behavior rep. He said who he was and that he was supervising this teen who was a juvenile offender. This is a kid who did nothing bad TO anyone but himself. How can it be legal to go into each place and ask for a report on him and tell he's a juvenile delinquent? I need you to take me at my word. It would be pointless for me to hold info. as the replies would then be useless. Is there no confidentiality? Also; the behavior program was to go into effect immediately, but something held it up. In the meantime, if anything came up that needed a signature, I had to show I was allowed to sign for him. The PO REFUSED repeatedly to give me a proper paper to present. This paper had the judges seal and signature but seemed sloppy and temporary. It said client was a juvenile delinquent who was found with drug parapharnalia (a marijuana pipe****************************..turned in by his mother) etc. It was copied and put in the files in our school district****************************and in the Cyber School files. From there he decided not to involve himself in anything.
If names are always kept private, how can this be distributed all over? If he would go for a job****************************the behavior rep would go in to see how he was doing and say he was on probation. The program was voluntary but selected by his parents****************************....who are laughing at having gotten this into our home. Should we have gotten a card to show we had custody without the words "juvenile delunquent and drug parapharnalia" on it? Do we have to allow the behavior rep to tell everyone he is the student's behavior support person as he is on probation? THANK YOU FOR ANY TIME YOU CAN SPEND ON A REPLY

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">