• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights as Single Mother in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

haiku

LdiJ said:
How? If mom refuses to allow the child out of her sight..just HOW does dad enforce that without a trip to court?
in states with this ruling, if say, mom currently having the baby, lets dad have visitation, dad can then take the baby, and have the LEGAL right to say, "I have the baby now, and I am keeping her, you now get to see her when I say". just like the mom who is refusing to let the kid out of her sight.

And, the parent who KEEPS physical custody is the one who is willing to bend over backwards to foster an excellent relationship with the non custodial parent, you cannot do that by 'never letting the child out of your sight'.

And it si always better to go to court BEFORE the battle begins not after.

Can you see NOW, why it is important to have a court order as soon as possible so there is NO confusion as to who gets to keep the baby when.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">