• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights of survivorship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondiePB

What is your interest in all this? I realize the deceased was your friend, but it's between the family and her male friend/bf now.
Based on the OP's other threads, it's reasonable to assume that one of the beneficiaries is the ward of the OP making the OP's business to handle her ward's affairs.

phase08

Based on the OP's other threads, it's reasonable to assume that one of the beneficiaries is the ward of the OP making the OP's business to handle her ward's affairs.
I'm only looking at this thread, and I'm not searching for multiple threads about the same issue.
Assumptions are very often not reasonable, especially in estate matters.
I asked OP the question; perhaps she can speak for herself.

Last edited by a moderator:

justalayman

I'm only looking at this thread, and I'm not searching for multiple threads about the same issue.
ASSumptions are very often not reasonable, especially in estate matters.
well, part of what we do here involves research. It's great when they do not open multiple threads and tell us everything but this is not a perfect world.

If you get upset about doing a little research, maybe helping others is not your forte`.

but, on top of everything else, what does it change if the OP is a relative, a friend, or the man in the moon?

anteater

...but, on top of everything else, what does it change if the OP is a relative, a friend, or the man in the moon?
If it's the man in the moon, there may be swiss cheese involved.

I do believe that this is a completely different situation than in mrs sankofa's other threads.

phase08

well, part of what we do here involves research. It's great when they do not open multiple threads and tell us everything but this is not a perfect world.

If you get upset about doing a little research, maybe helping others is not your forte`.

but, on top of everything else, what does it change if the OP is a relative, a friend, or the man in the moon?
:rolleyes:

Actually, I’m not upset. And for all I know there might be several other multiple threads about this from this poster, or several dozen. If you want to do that particular type of research, fine. I don’t. You can analyze me all day and make whatever assumptions or throw whatever darts you need to. Whatever gets you thru the night, as the saying goes. My fortes or lack thereof are none of your business, and I didn't ask for your guidance or advice.

I've seen many threads where long-time members complain about people posing as friends/relatives, and chastiee people for duplicate posting in the hopes they will eventually get the answer they want to hear. (Often those threads are removed.) I'm not necessarily accusing the OP of doing that; it's just odd that a friend would be so intensely interested in the details someone else's estate matters.

Back to topic: OP, I “assume” you are capable of speaking for yourself and I hope you will do so.

anteater

I've seen many threads where long-time members complain about people posing as friends/relatives, and chastiee people for duplicate posting in the hopes they will eventually get the answer they want to hear. (Often those threads are removed.) I'm not necessarily accusing the OP of doing that; it's just odd that a friend would be so intensely interested in the details someone else's estate matters.
Once again, what difference does it make? It does not change the responses.

What is your interest in all this? I realize the deceased was your friend, but it's between the family and her male friend/bf now.
phase08,

You are correct in me being friend of the deceased and also because the deceased was in her late 80's and not able to continue to care for her niece, she asked that hubby and I look after her.

My interest is for the niece of the decease (my ward). She suffers with MS. Her aunt was her last full-blood relative and the other beneficiaries are her stepsisters. The niece asked me to ask some questions for her here which I did and the answers have been very helpful.

My husband and I have now contacted the attorney who took care of the guardianship of our ward because there are issues where we can't go any further.

I hope this answers your inquiry as to what I am doing sticking my nose into something where I do belong! :)

BlondiePB

ASSumptions are very often not reasonable, especially in estate matters.
Well, the OP came back and answered. See, if you had read her other threads as I did, you have saved yourself .

Last edited by a moderator:

phase08

mar sankofa, I have no idea how many multiple threads you’ve created about this same issue, but it stands to reason that if you found it necessary to do so, something was lacking as far as helpful advice. At the beginning of this particular thread, you could have simply stated “(I’m the ward of the deceased niece)”. I wouldn’t think that would have presented a hardship for you. That simple act which would have taken a couple seconds would have shorted this thread considerably. Of course, it would also have cut down on the fun of some other members, but such is life.

That aside, it’s great that you finally decided to hire an attorney so you can finally get the help that you obviously so desperately need. Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">