• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ripped off and booted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 2500
I understand what you say but in my case I only made 20 dollar trans and 100 dollars was the limit. So when I check my statement every day was over with one having 17 transactions um It's not me gambling out off control and then crying a sad story after I lose. I was flat out ripped off. Check this one. I didn't even go any further in my post. So after I am kicked from Chumba all of the sudden someone made 2 withdrawls totaling 7500. It wasn't done in Chumbas name. Actally the bank never told us who did it. At first they were telling my wife that I probably did it. We got that bank. One day some bank calls my wife her opening a account with exact amount taken from us. It had to be Chumba but we may never know

I understand what you say but in my case I only made 20 dollar trans and 100 dollars was the limit. So when I check my statement every day was over with one having 17 transactions um It's not me gambling out off control and then crying a sad story after I lose. I was flat out ripped off. Check this one. I didn't even go any further in my post. So after I am kicked from Chumba all of the sudden someone made 2 withdrawls totaling 7500. It wasn't done in Chumbas name. Actally the bank never told us who did it. At first they were telling my wife that I probably did it. We got that bank. One day some bank calls my wife her opening a account with exact amount taken from us. It had to be Chumba but we may never know
we got the 7500 back

quincy

The reason I want to sue the bank is because your supposed to have fraud protection. If they find fraud they are supposed to pay me my money back. So out of 400 transactions and I only did 200 they cannot tell me there was no fraud. They will not tell me what thay invesigated. I do not know what to do.

Yes the bank records yes but Chumba is a fraud. I only made 20 dollar transactions and never went over 100 most days were 80 dollars
What is the name of your state, Dean?

In court, you need to be able to show you did not spend what Chumba and the bank show you spent. You cannot prove fraud without evidence. I don’t see that you have that evidence.

zddoodah

The reason I want to sue the bank is because your supposed to have fraud protection.
OK, but the meaning of "fraud protection" is subject to the terms of your account agreement.

So out of 400 transactions and I only did 200 they cannot tell me there was no fraud.
Sure "they" can. The onus is on you to establish the alleged fraud to the satisfaction of the bank (pursuant to the terms of the account agreement).

They will not tell me what thay invesigated.
Does your account agreement obligate the bank to provide this information?

I do not know what to do.
I told you what to do in post #11: file a small claims suit.

quincy

Dean, if you provide us with the name of your state (something that is requested of all posters to this forum, by the way), we can provide you with information on small claims actions in your state. Laws vary from state to state, sometimes in significant ways.

In court, you need to be able to show you did not spend what Chumba and the bank show you spent. You cannot prove fraud without evidence. I don’t see that you have that evidence.
Im in California. I can prove what was taken but I cannot prove I did not authorize it. But the Bank can through their investigation. Though keystrokes and other things . But the bank isn't telling me anything at all. I've been asking for a print out of everything they've investigated. And for the bank, each trans. is a separate case. So I've got literally 100's of cases. I dont see how they can investigate one at a time. I would think it would be one day at a time. So if in one day there are 8 trans. and I only made 4, They need to go to Chumba and ask them to prove that I made 8 trans. Because what happened in this one particular day is I only disputed 4 trans. because I did the other 4. So the bank I assume went to Chumba disputing 4 trans. and I assume they showed proof of 4 as the bank came back to me saying they were valid. But there were 8 trans not 4. Obviously Chumbe could prove 4 as I said I made 4. If the bank disputes all 8 then Chumba could only prove 4. But that's not what the bank did as I've received nada and I'm kicked out of the bank
Dean, if you provide us with the name of your state (something that is requested of all posters to this forum, by the way), we can provide you with information on small claims actions in your state. Laws vary from state to state, sometimes in significant ways.
I am in California
Chumbas Record only goes 2 weeks at a time. That's how they're getting people. Otherwise I would have saw it at the time it was happening. Spred the word about Chumba
California
OK, but the meaning of "fraud protection" is subject to the terms of your account agreement.

Sure "they" can. The onus is on you to establish the alleged fraud to the satisfaction of the bank (pursuant to the terms of the account agreement).

Does your account agreement obligate the bank to provide this information?

I told you what to do in post #11: file a small claims suit.
Thank you for answering my question.

What is the name of your state?
calif

quincy

Im in California. I can prove what was taken but I cannot prove I did not authorize it. But the Bank can through their investigation. Though keystrokes and other things . But the bank isn't telling me anything at all. I've been asking for a print out of everything they've investigated. And for the bank, each trans. is a separate case. So I've got literally 100's of cases. I dont see how they can investigate one at a time. I would think it would be one day at a time. So if in one day there are 8 trans. and I only made 4, They need to go to Chumba and ask them to prove that I made 8 trans. Because what happened in this one particular day is I only disputed 4 trans. because I did the other 4. So the bank I assume went to Chumba disputing 4 trans. and I assume they showed proof of 4 as the bank came back to me saying they were valid. But there were 8 trans not 4. Obviously Chumbe could prove 4 as I said I made 4. If the bank disputes all 8 then Chumba could only prove 4. But that's not what the bank did as I've received nada and I'm kicked out of the bank

I am in California
Chumbas Record only goes 2 weeks at a time. That's how they're getting people. Otherwise I would have saw it at the time it was happening. Spred the word about Chumba

California

calif
First, here is a link to how-to information on filing a small claims action in California:

https://selfhelp.courts.ca.gov/small-claims-california

Knowing how transactions are submitted and recorded by both Chumba and by the bank will be necessary. Just because you authorize four payments of $20 on, say, Monday, Chumba may not submit those payments to the bank on Monday. Chumba instead can wait for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday’s authorized payments and submit them all at once. Chumba and the bank’s transaction histories could, therefore, differ in that way.

I think you will struggle trying to show unauthorized payments were made from your account. You could subpoena records from Chumba, and you should be able to get a printout of your bank transactions from your bank that cover the month(s) you played games on Chumba. I suspect these payment transaction records will show that Chumba’s submissions equal the bank’s withdrawals. And you don’t appear to have the necessary evidence to show that some of the submissions from Chumba were unauthorized.

You cannot have an attorney in small claims courts but you can consult with an attorney prior to filing suit. I suggest you have an attorney in your area review this matter with you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Im in California. I can prove what was taken but I cannot prove I did not authorize it. But the Bank can through their investigation. Though keystrokes and other things .
I believe that you greatly overestimate the scope of any investigation the bank may undertake.

quincy

I believe that you greatly overestimate the scope of any investigation the bank may undertake.
I agree. The bank will check to see that the submissions from Chumba equal the withdrawals from the bank. The bank had already checked with Dean to make sure these payments were authorized and Dean said they were.

It is Dean’s own failure to record his transactions accurately that will probably doom any legal action he might attempt.

The only way I can see getting evidence is for the bank to make Chumba prove what Transactions I made
First, here is a link to how-to information on filing a small claims action in California:

https://selfhelp.courts.ca.gov/small-claims-california

Knowing how transactions are submitted and recorded by both Chumba and by the bank will be necessary. Just because you authorize four payments of $20 on, say, Monday, Chumba may not submit those payments to the bank on Monday. Chumba instead can wait for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday’s authorized payments and submit them all at once. Chumba and the bank’s transaction histories could, therefore, differ in that way.

I think you will struggle trying to show unauthorized payments were made from your account. You could subpoena records from Chumba, and you should be able to get a printout of your bank transactions from your bank that cover the month(s) you played games on Chumba. I suspect these payment transaction records will show that Chumba’s submissions equal the bank’s withdrawals. And you don’t appear to have the necessary evidence to show that some of the submissions from Chumba were unauthorized.

You cannot have an attorney in small claims courts but you can consult with an attorney prior to filing suit. I suggest you have an attorney in your area review this matter with you.
Yes I'm sure their records will match. The point is I didn't authorise many of the trans. someone from the bank told me there are different ways to investigate this one is by keystrokes or something Idk. I was charged for 8 20 dollar trans and I only made 4. How can I prove that.

I agree. The bank will check to see that the submissions from Chumba equal the withdrawals from the bank. The bank had already checked with Dean to make sure these payments were authorized and Dean said they were.

It is Dean’s own failure to record his transactions accurately that will probably doom any legal action he might attempt.
When the bank called and asked if I made a trans with Chumba Gold Coin and I said yes. They did not call and ask if I made 12 trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">