• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

road easement speeders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenham

What is the name of your state? Arizona I live on 2 acres and have a 20x270 foot road easement on my property for two neighbors who live on adjoining 2 acre properties. Good neighbor and bad neighbor, bad neighbor has started a child care business in their home. Every morning around 8:00 AM and evening after 5 the cars race up the road, very fast. Good neighbor nearly lost his dog while walking on the road yesterday due to a speeding driver. I intend to speak to bad neighbor about the speeders, what are my alternatives, speed bumps, speed limit signs? Thanks in advance.

HomeGuru

kenham said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona I live on 2 acres and have a 20x270 foot road easement on my property for two neighbors who live on adjoining 2 acre properties. Good neighbor and bad neighbor, bad neighbor has started a child care business in their home. Every morning around 8:00 AM and evening after 5 the cars race up the road, very fast. Good neighbor nearly lost his dog while walking on the road yesterday due to a speeding driver. I intend to speak to bad neighbor about the speeders, what are my alternatives, speed bumps, speed limit signs? Thanks in advance.
**A: install the largest speed bumps allowable. Write to the neighbor to warn the drivers not to speed or their ingress rights will be revoked.

nextwife

Speed bumps, my favorite answer to speeding morons. I think several whopper speed bumps are called for here.

S

seniorjudge

Good neighbor nearly lost his dog while walking on the road yesterday due to a speeding driver.

And tell good neighbor to keep the dog inside or, if outside, on a leash.

By the way, this is called "overburdening an easement" (if the easement was just meant for residential purposes and not as a roadway for a business). So, I agree with nexie and HG; speed bumps and big ones.

That phrase ("overburdening an easement") would be a good one to drop into the conversation with bad neighbor. Say also, "I heard a rumor that anyone who does this is liable for triple damages." Don't say what the damages are actually FOR and don't tell bad neighbor that this is not TRUE; just lie a little bit.

Ask the zoning authorities if it's okay if a business is located in that house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">