• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

S corp in california

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chwalters16

What is the name of your state? california
i posted this question on another category they told me to post here... hope someone can help.

1. if you have setup several S corporations but you have never used and they have already been suspended do you really have to close them (s corp in california)?
2. what happens if you dont close them?
3. what exactly do you need to do to close a corporation?
4. is closing a corporation the same as filing for bankrupcy?
5. if you close a corporation, what happens if you still have pending letigation?
6. if you have an tax payer EIN a while back but you cannot find it, where can you go to look for your ein. i cannot find the place that i made the ein with.. where can you go to search for your ein?

FlyingRon

1. if you have setup several S corporations but you have never used and they have already been suspended do you really have to close them (s corp in california)?
To officially close them, you need to get a tax clearance certificate showing you don't owe any and then file with the secretary of state's office.
2. what happens if you dont close them?
Aboslutely nothing.
3. what exactly do you need to do to close a corporation?
See above, call the ca secy of state's office for details.
4. is closing a corporation the same as filing for bankrupcy?
No. If you have no obligations, it's like the corporation was a person and he died. Nobody much cares. A bankrupcy is a legal proceeding for dealing with creditors (which may involved the dissolution of the corporation) but they are unrelated.
5. if you close a corporation, what happens if you still have pending letigation?
No.
6. if you have an tax payer EIN a while back but you cannot find it, where can you go to look for your ein. i cannot find the place that i made the ein with.. where can you go to search for your ein?
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=155444,00.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">