• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

S-Corp Stock value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueman

What is the name of your state? NY

Just a general question: If (say) I own 100 shares of an S-Corp and my stock basis is $10,000. If I sell additional shares (say 100) to a new investor, does that automatically mean that those shares will cost him $10,000 in cash or equipment investment? or can the board of directors decide on any price they choose?

I guess more simply: to what extent is share purchase price flexible??

Thanks .... Blueman

tranquility

After the original offering, share price will reflect corporate valuation. How much is your corporation worth? What percentage is the person willing to pay? If a person, at arms length, decides he wants to pay a million dollars for 1/2 of a corporation, what's the problem with that?

(If we are not talking about an arm's length transaction, many more facts are needed.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">