• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales Commission Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

godzilla1971

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Live in NJ/Work in PA

I work for a web design firm. A customer signed a contract with us to design a website for them for a fixed fee to be paid in three equal increments: at the start of the project, during the design process and upon completion of the project. The terms of the contract forbade cancellation after the first 72 hours. I received commission on 100% of the fixed fee, although only the initial payment was made. Now, over 60 days after the contract was signed, the buyer is backing out. My employer does not wish to enforce the terms of the contract fearing bad publicity. I am told I owe 2/3rds of my commission back. Do I or am I covered by the fact that it is my employer's decision to absolve the customer's debt?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">