• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

same thing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I filed a motion for default a few weeks ago. I got paperwork from the State's Attorneys Office that I have a pretrial settlement conference in the Office of Family Support in a few weeks. Today, I got a copy of the Order of Default, signed by my Judge who handled the custody case, and it says: This court enters an Order of Default against "my ex" for failure to file a responsive pleading to: Complaint for Child Support and orders that testimony to support the allegtions of the Compaint be taken before a Master of this Court.

Then it says to call the Clerk's Office to schedule a hearing.

Is this messed up? Sounds like the OCSE and the court is scheduling two different things?

The truth be told, I'd rather go before the Master.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I filed a motion for default a few weeks ago. I got paperwork from the State's Attorneys Office that I have a pretrial settlement conference in the Office of Family Support in a few weeks. Today, I got a copy of the Order of Default, signed by my Judge who handled the custody case, and it says: This court enters an Order of Default against "my ex" for failure to file a responsive pleading to: Complaint for Child Support and orders that testimony to support the allegtions of the Compaint be taken before a Master of this Court.

Then it says to call the Clerk's Office to schedule a hearing.

Is this messed up? Sounds like the OCSE and the court is scheduling two different things?

The truth be told, I'd rather go before the Master.
Then go ahead and go before the master.

It may be that you are the one that accidentally caused a duplication. Normally if the CSE (OSCE in your case) is handling the case, then they file any and all motions regarding the case.

If you are also filing motions, that's a duplication of efforts. But hey, it looks like its going to get you on the docket faster, anyway.

waitinMd

Well I thought I was duplicating also, but the letter from the State's Attorney now has my original case number on it. I'll call the clerk's office, thanks.

I do have one more question. It says bring all documentation such as paystubs, child care expenses, medical expenses.

Do I have disclose to her where the child is going for daycare? She has suspended visitation right now, plus all the other problems I've mentioned. I am downright "A-Scared" to have her know where she goes to school. Can that info be in an envelope for the Master only?

proud_parent

Do I have disclose to her where the child is going for daycare? She has suspended visitation right now, plus all the other problems I've mentioned. I am downright "A-Scared" to have her know where she goes to school. Can that info be in an envelope for the Master only?
In my opinion, it would be petty of you to go out of your way to hide the name of the daycare from your ex, unless you have a court order stating that she shall not be entitled to that information.

I understand that your issue is that if Mom knows where kiddo is, Mom may attempt to go there and pick kiddo up in violation of the order suspending Mom's visitation rights.

My take is that Mom is entitled to know where her child attends daycare; if she chooses to act on that information in an inappropriate manner, you go after her for the inappropriate behavior.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">