• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scared!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ENASNI

sukharev said:
Right... And he certainly has boatloads of cash to pay for one :eek:

they will fry you if you try to contest and win the case, he does not have a leg to stand on in the first place, his only strategy is to talk to DA or ask the judge for mercy (PBJ may be an option, who knows). Again, a stupid mistake is something that can be forgiven (at least somewhat). He will be better off saving cash to pay the fines and getting out as clean as possible.

(PBJ may be an option, who knows).
Are you saying to bring the judge a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :confused:

Is this another time to wear a "DMV BITES" t-shirt. I am trying to get my Company off the ground, about to post in the Business forum. :D

sukharev

ENASNI said:
Are you saying to bring the judge a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :confused:

Is this another time to wear a "DMV BITES" t-shirt. I am trying to get my Company off the ground, about to post in the Business forum. :D
Cool, count me in for the royalties :)

I would suggest bringing judge a few samples and let him choose...

mdljhu

Probation before judgment (PBJ) is a common outcome of traffic cases in Maryland. It is simply a finding of guilt that is stayed by placing the defendent on unsupervised probation for a period of time (usually 12 months). So, if you have no problems for 12 months, the guilty finding never goes on your record. If you have a problem during those 12 months, they can revisit the prior guilty findings and impose whatever penalties could have been imposed in the first place.

Also, if you receive PBJ on a ticket, it cannot be appealed.

Jon

Mdljhu

Thanks for the advice. You seem to be really knowledgable of Maryland Traffic Law. I have yet to recieve a notice to appear and its been over a month. I have not obtained a lawyer as I am waiting for the court date. How long should it take for the court to set a date. Should I call the court clerk and find out whats going on?? I don't want to end up with a bench warrant out on me. Thanks, Jon

gawm

Make sure you get everything taken care of before your court date. I got popped twice in the same week with those same violations plus fictitious plates, in two different cities. Max penalties 4 grand and up to a year in jail. I got everything corrected, the first prosecutor dropped the charges to two civil violations and it ended up being only a two hundred dollar fine, the second one dropped most of the charges and that was a 350 dollar fine. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">