• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Principal Retaliation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Dunking

What is the name of your state? Kansas

From the beginning of this school year I sent emails to ask my son's teacher about classroom instruction, and the Social Emotional Learning and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and belonging programs. This afternoon sending some emails the previous year to administrators to ask the meaning of terms found in the district's Strategic Plan. I also shared information about the district's secretive DEI program along with the new age religion origins of Social Emotional Learning and Marxist origins of DEIB.

After I asked about SEL, the principal sent an email to inform me they were not going to answer questions about that topic. It was stern, felt like a warning. At this point I had tipped my hand that I knew what was inside school districts not publicly released DEI program too.

A few days later I asked a question about if a classroom activity we were informed about was DEIB related. The principal responded and copied my wife, who I had left out of these discussions due to personal concerns.

This lead to a phone conversation between my wife and this principal in which she expressed extreme fear and concern. She portrayed me as being paranoid and threatening to my wife. That I'm looking for something that is not there, asking questions that cannot be answered because the info doesn't exist, being harassing, threatening, and the school is terrified who might show up to pick our son up. They are afraid I am going to do something drastic. My wife filed a police a report and took the kids. My family is done. The divorce is already in motion. My wife has calmed down enough since to let me have the kids, but her trust in me is deeply broken. There were some marital strains before this, which is probably obvious, but it wasn't broken. Could these comments made by this principal about me be slander or defamation? I never made any threats and at worst could be accused of being annoying or abrasive. I may have suggested some district admins resign and I may have insulted their precious white identitarian DEI program in one email due to frustration that simple questions were not being answered. This directly preceded the principal going to my wife. That's the worst of it from me. The principals comments to my wife were followed by an email by the district's general counsel to inform me I was in violation of district policy for threatening and bullying. My wife was copied of course. Which only added fuel to the fire created by the principal.

I have had an attorney look over my emails and the districts response for child custody purposes. His opinion was at worst if could be used against me for educational decision making, and the district response was a hyperbolic overreaction..he said they are trying to say you are a potential school shooter and advised me to preemptively get a criminal defense attorney. I am the furthest thing from this. It's almost funny, but there is a secondary question here besides do I have a legal case based on slander, it is could they build a criminal case against me even without any actual threats made by me? Just on their hyperbolic overreaction alone.

PS The school bullying doctrine takes into account beliefs about power and privilege. I was challenging female teachers/principal from a place of "white" and male "power and privilege", which makes my conduct bullying. This doctrine also allows they can read these extreme "potential school shooter" motives because they have more access to reality than me do to their lower intersectional status. They know my true motives better than I do. Yes, I know way too much about DEI and intersectional theory. This effects my slander question because it is possible the principal really believed what she told my wife.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Kansas

From the beginning of this school year I sent emails to ask my son's teacher about classroom instruction, and the Social Emotional Learning and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and belonging programs. This afternoon sending some emails the previous year to administrators to ask the meaning of terms found in the district's Strategic Plan. I also shared information about the district's secretive DEI program along with the new age religion origins of Social Emotional Learning and Marxist origins of DEIB.

After I asked about SEL, the principal sent an email to inform me they were not going to answer questions about that topic. It was stern, felt like a warning. At this point I had tipped my hand that I knew what was inside school districts not publicly released DEI program too.

A few days later I asked a question about if a classroom activity we were informed about was DEIB related. The principal responded and copied my wife, who I had left out of these discussions due to personal concerns.

This lead to a phone conversation between my wife and this principal in which she expressed extreme fear and concern. She portrayed me as being paranoid and threatening to my wife. That I'm looking for something that is not there, asking questions that cannot be answered because the info doesn't exist, being harassing, threatening, and the school is terrified who might show up to pick our son up. They are afraid I am going to do something drastic. My wife filed a police a report and took the kids. My family is done. The divorce is already in motion. My wife has calmed down enough since to let me have the kids, but her trust in me is deeply broken. There were some marital strains before this, which is probably obvious, but it wasn't broken. Could these comments made by this principal about me be slander or defamation? I never made any threats and at worst could be accused of being annoying or abrasive. I may have suggested some district admins resign and I may have insulted their precious white identitarian DEI program in one email due to frustration that simple questions were not being answered. This directly preceded the principal going to my wife. That's the worst of it from me. The principals comments to my wife were followed by an email by the district's general counsel to inform me I was in violation of district policy for threatening and bullying. My wife was copied of course. Which only added fuel to the fire created by the principal.

I have had an attorney look over my emails and the districts response for child custody purposes. His opinion was at worst if could be used against me for educational decision making, and the district response was a hyperbolic overreaction..he said they are trying to say you are a potential school shooter and advised me to preemptively get a criminal defense attorney. I am the furthest thing from this. It's almost funny, but there is a secondary question here besides do I have a legal case based on slander, it is could they build a criminal case against me even without any actual threats made by me? Just on their hyperbolic overreaction alone.

PS The school bullying doctrine takes into account beliefs about power and privilege. I was challenging female teachers/principal from a place of "white" and male "power and privilege", which makes my conduct bullying. This doctrine also allows they can read these extreme "potential school shooter" motives because they have more access to reality than me do to their lower intersectional status. They know my true motives better than I do. Yes, I know way too much about DEI and intersectional theory. This effects my slander question because it is possible the principal really believed what she told my wife.
There is no way anyone can answer your question because you did not provide copies of the emails you sent.

How old are your children?
What, exactly, do you find so objectionable about the DEI Program?
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion | Kansas Department of Administration (ks.gov)

Why do you find it acceptable/appropriate to send "abrasive/ insulting" e-mails to the school?

Based on your post, I will advise that you perhaps seek some psychiatric counseling. When one's behavior causes fear and concern amongst family and school official, then that is a problem. Talking to a mental health professional may help you put some prospective on your concerns and find more effective ways of interacting with others...most especially your loved ones.

LdiJ

There is no way anyone can answer your question because you did not provide copies of the emails you sent.

How old are your children?
What, exactly, do you find so objectionable about the DEI Program?
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion | Kansas Department of Administration (ks.gov)

Why do you find it acceptable/appropriate to send "abrasive/ insulting" e-mails to the school?

Based on your post, I will advise that you perhaps seek some psychiatric counseling. When one's behavior causes fear and concern amongst family and school official, then that is a problem. Talking to a mental health professional may help you put some prospective on your concerns and find more effective ways of interacting with others...most especially your loved ones.
After reading the original post I agree wholeheartedly with this advice. Whether you intended to or not, whether you believed you were extreme or not your emails caused enough concern for both the school and your wife that it caused serious reactions. That means that there is a real problem that you need to address and talking to a mental health professional will assist you in addressing that.

Also, the fact that the divorce attorney suggested that you preemptively get a criminal defense attorney means that the situation is more serious than you appear to understand. Seeking help from a mental health professional will also assist you in that area.

Still Dunking

I peaked behind the curtain to discover the DEI program is about white Identity formation and the religion of Marxism, and SEL is occult religion. I only asked questions. Any "abrasiveness" was mild and in response to evasive responses to simple, direct questions about classroom instruction and district intentions.

There is no way to include the actual emails, that's ridiculous. My question is if that is slander if the emails contained no threatening language.

The recommendation from that attorney was based solely on the police report, which was something my wife chose to do of her own accord based solely on the hyperbolic claims of the principal. She has backed down significantly since.

I'm also technical asking question about slander. Not about "how people felt". Yes I insulted their precious DEI program, I never insulted them, but does that justify going to my wife to tell her I'm some kind of monster?

quincy

I peaked behind the curtain to discover the DEI program is about white Identity formation and the religion of Marxism, and SEL is occult religion. I only asked questions. Any "abrasiveness" was mild and in response to evasive responses to simple, direct questions about classroom instruction and district intentions.

There is no way to include the actual emails, that's ridiculous. My question is if that is slander if the emails contained no threatening language.

The recommendation from that attorney was based solely on the police report, which was something my wife chose to do of her own accord based solely on the hyperbolic claims of the principal. She has backed down significantly since.

I'm also technical asking question about slander. Not about "how people felt". Yes I insulted their precious DEI program, I never insulted them, but does that justify going to my wife to tell her I'm some kind of monster?
With defamation, the exact words spoken or written matter, as well as how and why they were communicated. It is impossible to tell, from what you have disclosed, whether you have any action for slander or libel against anyone or if anyone has an action with merit to pursue against you.

I can tell you that any statements made in a police report would be covered by a “qualified immunity” which protects the reporter from any claims of defamation. This immunity can be lost only by a showing that the report was made with actual malice (knowledge of falsity or with reckless disregard for truth or falsity). Actual malice is a difficult element to prove as it goes to the intent of the person making the statements.

I suggest you review all of the specifics with an attorney in your area who is well-versed in defamation law. And, if you are charged with a crime, you will want a criminal defense attorney.

Last edited:

LdiJ

I find the wording of the bolded to be a bit disturbing. I found much of the wording in your original post to be disturbing as well. Clearly if you do not intend to be abrasive or disturbing you are failing. That is why you might want to consult a mental health professional. "Peaked behind the curtain" is the way that conspiracy theorist's speak, not the way that normal people speak.

Bali Hai Again

I find the wording of the bolded to be a bit disturbing. I found much of the wording in your original post to be disturbing as well. Clearly if you do not intend to be abrasive or disturbing you are failing. That is why you might want to consult a mental health professional. "Peaked behind the curtain" is the way that conspiracy theorist's speak, not the way that normal people speak.
The “normal people“ and media make a ton of money writing and reporting “conspiracy theories”. Read the latest on “the magic bullet theory”. There aren’t enough mental professionals to treat us all.

quincy

The “normal people“ and media make a ton of money writing and reporting “conspiracy theories”. Read the latest on “the magic bullet theory”. There aren’t enough mental professionals to treat us all.
You treat one person at a time.

A reminder that the question asked in this thread is about slander.

Still Dunking

The DEI program us about Culturally Responsive Teaching, which is based in Critical Pedagogy, which is essentially Liberation Theology (Marxism) applied to education. SEL emerged out of the Fetzer Institute to promote Whole Child education, which is another term for Spirituality in Education which comes from Alice Bailey's book Education in the New Age. I understand this info may be new, but it's not conspiratorial.

I asked questions to help get an understanding of how what is behind the curtain so to speak, actually manifests in the district and in the classroom.

The principal let me wife in to the conversation and then told her extreme fears about me. My family is wrecked, and there is probably no fixing it. The principal never had to include my wife, in fact there is an expectation of privacy issue there, and certainly didn't have to say those things. Whatever she said caused real damage and is certainly questionably malicious. In fact, I will go as far as saying she may likely have known exactly what she was doing. She saw an opening, noticed there may be a rift in my marriage, and so thoroughly assassinated my character using her position of authority that my wife can't stay with me.

With respect to that expectation of privacy, that the principal was not allowed to forward the other email questions to my wife. Yet, she was able to cc her. Which amounts to the same thing.

quincy

The DEI program us about Culturally Responsive Teaching, which is based in Critical Pedagogy, which is essentially Liberation Theology (Marxism) applied to education. SEL emerged out of the Fetzer Institute to promote Whole Child education, which is another term for Spirituality in Education which comes from Alice Bailey's book Education in the New Age. I understand this info may be new, but it's not conspiratorial.

I asked questions to help get an understanding of how what is behind the curtain so to speak, actually manifests in the district and in the classroom.

The principal let me wife in to the conversation and then told her extreme fears about me. My family is wrecked, and there is probably no fixing it. The principal never had to include my wife, in fact there is an expectation of privacy issue there, and certainly didn't have to say those things. Whatever she said caused real damage and is certainly questionably malicious. In fact, I will go as far as saying she may likely have known exactly what she was doing. She saw an opening, noticed there may be a rift in my marriage, and so thoroughly assassinated my character using her position of authority that my wife can't stay with me.

With respect to that expectation of privacy, that the principal was not allowed to forward the other email questions to my wife. Yet, she was able to cc her. Which amounts to the same thing.
You share school-aged children with your wife. Your wife is entitled to know what you communicated to the school.

Read the elements of defamation and invasion of privacy from the case I cited. Obviously there was something that you wrote in your emails that was of concern enough to the school to address the matter with your wife.

Again, if you feel you were defamed by what the principal/school said in response to your emails, take the email exchanges to an attorney in your area for a personal review, and discuss with the attorney the harm you feel you suffered as a result.

We really don’t need to hear about your beliefs or opinions about the DEI program. This forum addresses legal concerns.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Q4P

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Q4P

LdiJ

That entire paragraph is conspiratorial. X leads to Y leads to Z leads to A leads to B leads to C leads to D leads to E. That is the essence of conspiratorial. It is in no way "new info".

The phrase "behind the curtain" is essentially conspiratorial as well. The fact that you persist in using it shows how you have been indoctrinated into conspiratorial thinking. Someone who is thinking objectively would have stopped using that phrase after your first post, based on the responses you were getting here.

The principal let me wife in to the conversation and then told her extreme fears about me. My family is wrecked, and there is probably no fixing it. The principal never had to include my wife, in fact there is an expectation of privacy issue there, and certainly didn't have to say those things.
The principal absolutely had to include your wife. She is the mother of the children whose education you were questioning. The principal had a legal obligation to include your wife. (unless of course your wife is not the mother of your children). There should have been no expectation of privacy from your wife.

Whatever she said caused real damage and is certainly questionably malicious. In fact, I will go as far as saying she may likely have known exactly what she was doing. She saw an opening, noticed there may be a rift in my marriage, and so thoroughly assassinated my character using her position of authority that my wife can't stay with me.
I don't find it malicious at all. Not in the light of things that are happening at schools these days and the care that the administators have to take. School administrators don't care about your marriage one way or another. It is not their job to care enough about your marriage to protect it OR damage it. It is just not on their radar.

Why do you think that the principal was not allowed to do that? The emails were regarding the education of your wife's children. Just because they are your children too doesn't give you privacy rights against their mother.

Last edited:

Still Dunking

Ok, let's play this game. If the principal's concerns were justified, wouldn't the responsible thing for her to have done would be alerting authorities, and then delicately alerting my wife...and showing legitimate evidence to her...without tipping me off by cc'ing her?

Obviously so, which means I am on solid grounds with respect to my slander question. Bringing her into the mix is also not so obvious, their justification is parental disagreement, but there was no disagreement. They conjured that up. I was inquiring about the district, never about our kid.

As to behind the curtain, our DEI program is about the 7 steps of Culturally Responsive Teaching. They sound pretty nice, but the program references Gay and Ladson-Billings who are critical pedagogues who believe educational formation cannot be politically and morally neutral and must be directed towards the left..towards (communist) liberation. Yes, I'm going to keep using that phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">