• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sciatica problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ladyback1

Perhaps you do, but your experience is still not the same as anyone else's.
And pain is a subjective complaint, so pain alone does not warrant disability. If there are no objective medical findings to support the pain complaints, disability is a moot point.
Pain is a symptom, rarely a diagnosis.

Regardless, back to the OP
1) what exactly does the settlement from Work Comp say?
2) has the family member been treating w/ a doctor since the settlement, and who has paid for said treatment? Was he diagnosed w/ sciatica as a result of the injury? How was he diagnosed w/ sciatica?
3) How long has he not been able to work? And how has he supported himself?

tomandjerry

And pain is a subjective complaint, so pain alone does not warrant disability. If there are no objective medical findings to support the pain complaints, disability is a moot point.
Pain is a symptom, rarely a diagnosis.

Regardless, back to the OP
1) what exactly does the settlement from Work Comp say?
2) has the family member been treating w/ a doctor since the settlement, and who has paid for said treatment? Was he diagnosed w/ sciatica as a result of the injury? How was he diagnosed w/ sciatica?
3) How long has he not been able to work? And how has he supported himself?

1) I am not actually sure but I believe it would be full and final because it was settled in court through our lawyer.
2) No the family member have not been treated with the doctor since the settlement. According to a doctor in our family, the back problem is indeed the cause of sciatica.
3) He has not been able to work since the incident. He can not lift heavy objects at all or the back pain would come back. We support him since we live together as a family.

What I found out is that he may qualify for the medicare.

I will try to post more details when I have some more time. Thanks to everyone for contributing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">