• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Send a letter or not to angry lying cx-client

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badclient

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Virginia, x-client is in MD.

So I teach horseback riding and train horses. Just before Christmas I started with a new client. We were not compatible. He was abusive to his horse, argumentative, combative and unwilling to follow the course of training I laid out, so I fired him. I sent him a very polite and nice e-mail and referred him to another trainer.

Part of the reason he wanted to train with me was because of my relationship with another trainer. After I fired him he posted hateful things about me on that man's facebook page, though he didn't identify me by name. I have since heard back from the trainer I referred him to that he is saying things like "she says she worked with X but I don't think that's true" I have heard from others that he is like this in general, one woman says he doesn't just burn his bridges, he nukes them. So he doesn't have a great reputation amongst people who know him, but this profession is very sensitive to that kind of talk.

Do I send him a cease and desist letter? Do you think that would shut him up or make him talk more? Should I just let it go?

swalsh411

Your reputation should speak for itself. One client will not ruin it. I would be the bigger person and simply ignore it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">