• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sending training documents related to job from Client email to Vendor email

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sivark2015

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Hello Lawyer,
I worked for one client through vendor company. I was vendor company fulltime employee. During my training at client location , By mistakenly I sent training documents to my vendor email and not to my personal email. I do not have any those training documents right now either in my email and personal laptop. After two weeks I resigned from company due to health issues. Vendor company is keep calling me and not paying my 2 weeks pay till now and saying that I have sent those emails. Is it a violation to send training documents from client email to vendor email while I was in the training session. They are asking me to show my personal laptop and personal email. How should I proceed with this issue? Thanks in advance

Dave1952

It is not a violation of law but you could have transgressed on company policy. You say that the company keeps calling about the e-mail so why haven't you done anything? I'd think it possible that the e-mail is on both the client's and the vendor's servers.
Maybe I'm not understanding the issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">