• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentencing questions - Convicted felon in possession of a firearm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smutlydog

"If speaking the truth is critical, or judgemental, I'm guilty."

At least you are man enough to admit it

"This whole thread disgusts me, and the fact that it is even legal for this guy to see his child once he is out is enough to make me throw up"

If you were a child and it was your father in jail you may not feel that way.

Greg3279

smutlydog said:
"If speaking the truth is critical, or judgemental, I'm guilty."

At least you are man enough to admit it

"This whole thread disgusts me, and the fact that it is even legal for this guy to see his child once he is out is enough to make me throw up"

If you were a child and it was your father in jail you may not feel that way.
Not jail, prison.

If you were a father, and you had to let your daughter see her mother who is a convicted felon, and a dangerous person, maybe you wouldn't feel the same way either.
The fact is, this person in dangerous, (not judging, or expressing my opinion, this is a fact) and should not be around any kids for that matter.

Again, please make an arguement to the fact that this man should be around kids. I beg you.

Your right though, I should just stop judging.
Lets all get in a circle and pray together for this good upstanding citizen to get out of prison soon to be with his daughter.

Heather2

Greg3279 said:
Not jail, prison.

If you were a father, and you had to let your daughter see her mother who is a convicted felon, and a dangerous person, maybe you wouldn't feel the same way either.
The fact is, this person in dangerous, (not judging, or expressing my opinion, this is a fact) and should not be around any kids for that matter.

Again, please make an arguement to the fact that this man should be around kids. I beg you.

Lets all get in a circle and pray together for this good upstanding citizen to get out of prison soon to be with his daughter.
I'm not argueing that the father should not see the child because I agree but I don't think you should be attacking the OP. She simply wants to know how long he will be in jail. Chances are that the child will be old enough to make their own descision by the time he gets out. But if he was your spouse/father/brother/family, I'm pretty sure you would want to know when he was getting out too.

Have you called the court house yet?

Last edited:

smutlydog

Greg3279 said:
Not jail, prison.

He has had theft and drug charges. That doesn't necessarily translate into potential child abuse or neglect. We don't have all the facts so how can you or I make a judgment call as to what kind of a relationship this child should have with his father.

Greg3279

smutlydog said:
He has had theft and drug charges. That doesn't necessarily translate into potential child abuse or neglect. We don't have all the facts so how can you or I make a judgment call as to what kind of a relationship this child should have with his father.
Don't forget the gun charge too.
Present that to any family judge and see what they have to say.
I have my guesses.

OK, I'm done with this.

To the original poster:
This is a "free advice" forum. You got what you paid for, and I pray that you come to the realization that your husband is probably not a good influence on you or your child.

lilliemag

everyone has feelings,that's whats wrong with this world today everyone is so judgemental... this daughter needs someone to speak on her behalf if she's not of age to do this herself... if mom feels she is in danger it's up to her to make this decision... everyone can change... do not judge or you shall be judged :)

curious_me

Thank you to everyone who has been kind to me, and understood why I posted here.

I wish I could tell you how he got this last charge, but since he hasn't been to court yet, it's probably better that I don't. I'm not sticking up for him, but he wasn't doing anything dangerous or that would harm anyone else - and he was nowhere near our house or daughter.

As was stated earlier, our daughter will be old enough to make up her own mind about whether or not she wants to see him by the time he gets out. But if I ever thought for one second that he could harm her, he would never see her again. It's true that he's not the best influence, and she will know that.

I do realize this is a "free advice forum," but I didn't think that free meant that I needed to be insulted, as in the first few replies.

I haven't called the courthouse. I'm not really sure where to call. He's in federal custody right now, since this charge is being handled on the federal level, not state. He's already had his preliminary trial.

Again, thank you to those who understood what I was asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">