• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separting w/child - community property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thalia

texas-my boyfried & i moved in together last september we are getting separted. i bought the house(it's under my name). I couldn't put his name on it b/c has bankruptcy and a faile business under his. we have 1 1/2 yr son. he says that b/c tx has community property law that he gets half of the house (since he does all the repairs) I say no and that he should leave. he only gives me $500 a month which is used for daycare for our son. my mortgage is $980 plus bills. does community property apply to us?

LegalBeagle

thalia said:
texas-my boyfried & i moved in together last september we are getting separted. i bought the house(it's under my name). I couldn't put his name on it b/c has bankruptcy and a faile business under his. we have 1 1/2 yr son. he says that b/c tx has community property law that he gets half of the house (since he does all the repairs) I say no and that he should leave. he only gives me $500 a month which is used for daycare for our son. my mortgage is $980 plus bills. does community property apply to us?
No.. he is a freeloader. But you may have to go to court to have him removed from your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">