• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Served with a warrant tonight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Random Guy, thank you for that link. They never knocked they just busted down my door and on top of it all I have a pretty severe hearing loss and it sounded like someone fell over and one of my sons is a Type 1 diabetic so I thought maybe it was him and when I got up to check they had just busted the door down and yelling and screaming they had a warrant blah blah...
Did it occur to you that they may, in fact, have knocked and you just didn't hear it? You are practically deaf after all... :rolleyes:

acmb05

Random Guy, thank you for that link. They never knocked they just busted down my door and on top of it all I have a pretty severe hearing loss and it sounded like someone fell over and one of my sons is a Type 1 diabetic so I thought maybe it was him and when I got up to check they had just busted the door down and yelling and screaming they had a warrant blah blah and I demanded to see the search warrant and the cop was like you will get a copy I said I want to see it now, I have a legal right to see it right now, it took him 20 mins to produce it and they only searched half my house and found nothing. None of us knew what he was doing on the streets, if I had any idea he was dealing I would have never let him stay. He kept it hidden really well, no one knew what he was doing on the streets and I just think the fact that he came to my home to either hang out or spend the night wasnt grounds for them to come search my home and bust down the door. I am just waiting on the information regarding the search warrant and hopefully I will know more. Thanks again for the link. Much appreciated
I can almost guarantee you your son knew exactly what his friend did to make money.

CdwJava

I can almost guarantee you your son knew exactly what his friend did to make money.
I have to agree. It is highly unlikely that your son did not know or greatly suspect what this friend of his was involved in.

You should seriously consider keeping your son away from this character and engaging legal counsel for him ... just in case. I suspect the police will want to come talk to your son, and your son could very well sink himself if he says the wrong things. Even if he just managed to be the driver or the look out on an exchange, he could find himself charged with drug dealing. So, keep him close to home for a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">