• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service provider breaks contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keith.e

What is the name of your state? TX

A year and a half ago, I signed up for medical hair restoration (laser treatment). I signed a contract that had me pay $2500 over the course of two years for sessions lasting over a six month period. I went for treatments once a week for a month before landing a new job as well as juggling a full-time school schedule.

I called the treatment center to say I couldn't make appointments due to time constraints. They agreed to let me get treatment at my leisure once I could make regular weekly appointments. I continued making payments.

Three months ago, I got a call from a nervous sounding representative saying that they moved their office to a city that is a four hour drive away. I was busy working at the time so I couldn't give the conversation my full attention. The number was unlisted, and I was in a hurry to get back to what I was doing. That was the last time I heard from them.

A couple weeks ago, I had the monthly payments cancelled after I tried to call the billing number that was no longer in service. My credit company refunded four months worth of payments in hopes of getting the service provider to call me, but I have still received no response.

My question is: what are my chances of succeeding in getting a substancial part of my money back seeing that they moved out of the city where the contract was in effect? Is this legally a breach of contract?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">