• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sav1

Medical is being left unsettled/open, it will be separate. The offer is only for pain & suffering.

sav1

The other party's insurance is paying. If everything should be made as it was before the accident what about things like scars???????? how much would it take to fix that?? is 2k enough for any pain and suffering from a motorcycle accident with the obvious road rash, serious pain for several weeks.... plus scars?

seniorjudge

sav1 said:
The other party's insurance is paying. If everything should be made as it was before the accident what about things like scars???????? how much would it take to fix that?? is 2k enough for any pain and suffering from a motorcycle accident with the obvious road rash, serious pain for several weeks.... plus scars?
So you're changing the story on your injuries now?

sav1 said:
What is the name of your state? CA
I was involved in a motorcycle accident which resulted in injuries ( road rash, bruising, lots of soreness). Insurance wants to settle for pain & suffering, they're offering 2K. Don't have medical bills, they've been taken care of, no out of pocket expense to me. :confused: any advice??
Nothing about scars in your original post.

sav1

seniorjudge who are you guy? I'm not here to bullsh*t anyone or take anyones time, this is not a credability issue. I'm here to get information in order to come up with a way to resolve this matter. I mentioned the scars, yes. You go out and get roadrash, cuts or anything else that punctures, rips **************the skin in an accident or any other way, you will get scars. my point is; I don't know if they are considering the obvious, the end result of someone loosing skin while being knocked off a bike while riding on the highway. Now, everyone's advice is well taken but stupid comments have to go.

Last edited:

stephenk

think about it for a moment. How can the carrier settle your pain and suffering when you medical treatment is still open? You better be sure to get in writing exactly what the $2k represents.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
sav1 said:
seniorjudge who are you guy? I'm not here to bullsh*t anyone or take anyones time, this is not a credability issue. I'm here to get information in order to come up with a way to resolve this matter. I mentioned the scars, yes. You go out and get roadrash, cuts or anything else that punctures, rips **************the skin in an accident or any other way, you will get scars. my point is; I don't know if they are considering the obvious, the end result of someone loosing skin while being knocked off a bike while riding on the highway. Now, everyone's advice is well taken but stupid comments have to go.
Actually it is ALWAYS a credibility issue. You want to get information then you need to get all information. Scars happen. But you didn't mention scarring originally. And in the realm of PI you don't have a lot of injury. Yes you have cuts and scrapes but no broken bones and serious injuries. You are not facing reconstructive surgery are you from the injuries in the accident. $2k is a good deal for pain and suffering when all you have is cuts and scrapes. You didn't mention missing any work so you couldn't have been that severely injured. Calling someone's comments stupid because they ask a question for clarification is not going to get you the help you need. And if you decided to take this to court, you would get asked MUCH tougher questions.

Last edited:
sav1 said:
Where are the scars located? How big are they? How old are you?

You mentioned serious pain for several weeks, what kind of treatement did you have?

I wouldn't go on the 3x medical bills estimate. That theory is horribly flawed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">