• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement request should I take it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swtwilma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Ok so I filed that my ex wasn't paying child support or medical expenses.

His lawyer called me and wanted to settle stating I had two options.

I have done this on my own and he has a very high profile lawyer.

Our court date is mid august.

He offered to pay in full on Sept 1.

I want some way of making sure that this happened.

After talking to his lawyer I think that I have found a way to ensure that this happens.

He said that I can request a extension of the court date based on a settlement of Sept 1st then if the extension is after that date then we can hash it out if he does not pay.

The other choice is to write it up, cancel the court date and if he does not pay file contempt.

I just wondered what is the best and safest way to deal with this. I want him to be held accountable nothing more. If the trial comes and he just has to pay 20 a month so be it, but the point is to support his children.

Any advice welcome.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Ok so I filed that my ex wasn't paying child support or medical expenses.

His lawyer called me and wanted to settle stating I had two options.

I have done this on my own and he has a very high profile lawyer.

Our court date is mid august.

He offered to pay in full on Sept 1.

I want some way of making sure that this happened.

After talking to his lawyer I think that I have found a way to ensure that this happens.

He said that I can request a extension of the court date based on a settlement of Sept 1st then if the extension is after that date then we can hash it out if he does not pay.

The other choice is to write it up, cancel the court date and if he does not pay file contempt.

I just wondered what is the best and safest way to deal with this. I want him to be held accountable nothing more. If the trial comes and he just has to pay 20 a month so be it, but the point is to support his children.

Any advice welcome.
What is the current court date?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">